What's new

Upgrade iphone 4 from 4.1 to 5.0.1

taydui

Reaction score
I just bought an iphone 4 running on 4.1 . Is it possible if I cook a custom 5.0.1 then jailbreak it ?

Thank you Sir . Found a 5.0.1 & 5.1 SHSHs . Now , what will these SHSHs do for me ? I'm still a newbie , not familiar with TinyUmbrella

Man , I got screwed and these guys are smart . The iphone 4 I bought off the guy on Craiglist , I'm sure I checked and it said it's 28.6 GB capacity or 32 Gb , O.S is 4.1 and BB is 02.10.04 , it too is jailbroken (cydia installed) took it home & installed some apps from cydia then rebooted the phone , I went back into settings to check and found out it's now showing 14.2 GB capacity or 16 Gb , OS is still 4.1 but the BB is now 04.12.01 ??? Damn it , learned something new & know what to look out for the next iphone I buy off Craiglist

Ya, unfortunately someone developed an app that allows you to fake your about screen, I'm pretty sure it was intended to allow iPad baseband users to fake their baseband in order to get support from Apple, but it has the negative side-effect of allowing scammers to fake device specifications.

A good thing to do in the future would be to have them show you the info page in iTunes with the device connected to their computer, there is no way to fake the information in there.