What's new

Updating to ios 11.2.5

Tsakalos

Reaction score
Hello,
i am a user of Iphone 7 Plus for 3 months now.I currently have ios 11.2.3 and i am wondering if it is worth-updating to 11.2.5 or to wait till 11.3. I don't have any problems with 11.2.3 but a slightly poorer battery life.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Every update comes with new security features and bug fixes. Usually, updating to the latest iOS version is recommended.
11.2.5 addresses the malicious ChaiOS, a text message link that can crash your device.

There’s also a bug affecting devices with iOS 11.2.5 installed, though. When you receive a message or even notification with a certain Indian character in it, the app freezes, or the devices itself crashes. It’s possible that you have to restore from a backup.

If you expect that you’ll not receive this Indian character, update to iOS 11.2.5 in order to avoid ChaiOS.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Every update comes with new security features and bug fixes. Usually, updating to the latest iOS version is recommended.
11.2.5 addresses the malicious ChaiOS, a text message link that can crash your device.

There’s also a bug affecting devices with iOS 11.2.5 installed, though. When you receive a message or even notification with a certain Indian character in it, the app freezes, or the devices itself crashes. It’s possible that you have to restore from a backup.

If you expect that you’ll not receive this Indian character, update to iOS 11.2.5 in order to avoid ChaiOS.
I am installing now ios 11.2.6.