What's new

update to ios 7.0.3 and now cant receive or send pictures thru text

john doe

Reaction score
come on apple get your chit together .was working fine on 7.0.2 but i grabbed the update and now i cant receive or send text pictures .gets to about 90 percent then hangs .

anyone else ??i tried restarting the phone twice now .iphone 4s

come on apple get your chit together .was working fine on 7.0.2 but i grabbed the update and now i cant receive or send text pictures .gets to about 90 percent then hangs .

anyone else ??i tried restarting the phone twice now .iphone 4s

Well this last update was suppose to patch the iMessage issue here, so weird that you still are having problems. I see that you have restarted your phone. Have you tried to reset it by pressing the home button and the sleep/wake button until the screen turns black and shuts off? Give that a try and see if that helps. I have also read though Appadvice that a "reset of the networks" may also do the fix as well.

Hope that helps.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

tried both just now and still have the problem .wish i would never have "upgraded".......

Well that's a shame. Have you tried to switch the iMessage off then back on to see if that'll get it going? Also, if you are relying on wifi to send/receive these pics/text...check your router.

yep turned imessage on and off (done a google search),i do have wi-fi but it should send thru data as well .gonna do a backup then wipe it clean and do a total reinstall.

well done a restore ,still same issue .wtf...apple.now we need a update to fix this update .

Do you think the person on the receiving end has turned iMessage feature off? My sister did that and it took me a while to realize she did that. I then sent an actual text SMS and it went through.

i done a restore ,i reset networks, i turned imessage on and off ,i turned facetime on and off ,i did hard resets,i tried in airplane mode while doing a hard reset and a network reset, i`m done for the night .i can send texts ,just hangs up when sending pictures .
i have a 4s .
i pretty much tried everything i could find in a google search .

worked fine on 7.0.2......

not related hoben ,but thanks for trying .
that article is a year old ,and talks about jailbroken phones on ios6

i done a restore ,i reset networks, i turned imessage on and off ,i turned facetime on and off ,i did hard resets,i tried in airplane mode while doing a hard reset and a network reset, i`m done for the night .i can send texts ,just hangs up when sending pictures . i have a 4s . i pretty much tried everything i could find in a google search . worked fine on 7.0.2......

John--please let us know how this all turns out. Maybe an appointment wit Apple is in order for them to see what is wrong.

Good luck!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator