What's new

update an app through iTunes?

mach1man

Reaction score
Can you update apps through iTunes? I need to update skype but it wont let me do it over 3G bc its over 20mb. I need to do it on iTunes or over wi-fi. Can some one help me figure out how to do that.
thanks

Is it telling you that there is an update? If not thats why you cant do it. Also you can do it over 3g but it just takes a long time to complete.

mach1man said:
Can you update apps through iTunes? I need to update skype but it wont let me do it over 3G bc its over 20mb. I need to do it on iTunes or over wi-fi. Can some one help me figure out how to do that.
thanks

Any file that's larger than 20mb requires wifi. Open iTunes and update the app that way. If you're jailbroken you can use my3g to bypass this.

Im not jailbroken :( Im new to iphones and updated the phone as soon as I got it. When I go to iTunes on my computer and look up skype it just says downloaded. I just removed it from my phone bc the app icon kept saying 1 update.

mach1man said:
Im not jailbroken :( Im new to iphones and updated the phone as soon as I got it. When I go to iTunes on my computer and look up skype it just says downloaded. I just removed it from my phone bc the app icon kept saying 1 update.

Download the app from the iTunes store on the computer and sync the app over