What's new

UNOFFICIAL APP RECOVERY

Anchorman

Reaction score
This may not be the place to ask this question, but...

I was involved in the development of an app to be used on the iPhone. Development was interrupted, but not before a test version was downloaded onto an associate's phone. He's in another part of the country, so I can't get to, or use, his phone. Is there any way that I can access that app on his phone and have it transferred to, or installed on, another (my) iPhone? The original download process never went through iTunes or any iPhone app distribution network. The app was accessed/downloaded from a private website.

This may not be the place to ask this question, but...

I was involved in the development of an app to be used on the iPhone. Development was interrupted, but not before a test version was downloaded onto an associate's phone. He's in another part of the country, so I can't get to, or use, his phone. Is there any way that I can access that app on his phone and have it transferred to, or installed on, another (my) iPhone? The original download process never went through iTunes or any iPhone app distribution network. The app was accessed/downloaded from a private website.
You would need to register with the Apple Developer program and have your iPhone added to the development account in question. The proper provisioning profile could be then added to your iPhone which would then allow you to add the app to your iPhone from that website. There’s no way to transfer a test app directly from his iPhone to yours.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I was hoping that there would be an easier way. I'm guessing that the registration process is not a simple one.