What's new

Unlocking

You can't unlock it with the t-mobile SIM card. You'll need the iPhone unlocked by your wireless provider, an IEMI unlock, SIM interposer or using ultrasnOw... depending on what model iPhone you have and what Baseband it's on.

Baseband is the cellular radio software version your iPhone is using. Settings>General>About... next to "Modem Firmware."

Your only options on that Baseband is requesting an unlock from the iPhone's original wireless provider... or purchasing an IEMI unlock online.

okay one more question, can you unlock a jailbroken phone if you have to make your own shsh blobs?

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things. One does not affect the other in any way. And you can't make/forge SHSH blobs since they have to match the ones generated for your device. Jailbreaking nor unlocking will affect SHSH blobs, and neither will generate/make blobs that don't exist.

i know i mean im using ifaith. if i get shsh blobs off of there can a jailbroken iphone be unlocked?

As I said, SHSH blobs, jailbreaking and unlocking are completely separate. None of them affect the others.