What's new

Unlocking T-Mobile iphone

Derekfiveo

Reaction score
hey guys. My wife has a iPhone 6 Plus through t-mobile and is looking to switch carriers. T-Mobile will not unlock it since it is not paid off yet. How can I unlock it? I saw several websites that want your phones info and all but don't know if they are legit. Can someone point me in the right direction.

hey guys. My wife has a iPhone 6 Plus through t-mobile and is looking to switch carriers. T-Mobile will not unlock it since it is not paid off yet. How can I unlock it? I saw several websites that want your phones info and all but don't know if they are legit. Can someone point me in the right direction.
The best way is to buy out the contract and have it unlocked so it can be used with another carrier. If you did it any other way, your wife would still legally have to make her monthly T-Mobile payments until the end of the contract.

Last edited:
Yeah we are getting a divorce and she is jumping out. I'm gonna pay it just not right now so trying to find the easiest way for her to bail without paying right now

Yeah we are getting a divorce and she is jumping out. I'm gonna pay it just not right now so trying to find the easiest way for her to bail without paying right now
She can't bail out on her contract and not pay for the rest of the term. If she got it unlocked by a third party and activated it with another carrier she'd end up paying two cell phone bills every month.

If you don't pay to buy out the contract, T-Mobile would likely come looking for the money it's owed.

Yeah well it's all in my name. I still have T-Mobile it's a joint plan. She isn't bailing on anything just taking the phone with her. We are getting a divorce so I'm just trying to be done with it