What's new

Unlocking phone WITHOUT ultrasn0w

mirando

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I just unlocked my phone using redsn0w and this tutorial. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9CdpsJ5PE&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪NEW Untethered 4.3.3 Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad w/ Redsn0w‬‏[/ame]
From what I can tell, the jailbreak worked. Cydia has been installed. I now need to unlock the phone so I can use it on t-mobile. However, the tutorial says I should NOT use ultrasn0w. What is another program I can use to unlock my phone?

Another thing, but off topic, I cannot see my network.. or any network for that matter. Other phones and laptops in my apt are connect to the network with no problems. So even if I wanted to try ultrasn0w, I could not.

Please help! :) I am phoneless atm.

well the problem with Redsn0w is that the way it works is you upgrade to the latest firmware in itunes (upgrading your baseband) and making it impossible to unlock so using redsn0w is a big NO when you need to unlock, now when you have the right baseband (in this case for the iphone 4 you need 01.59) if you have that baseband you can create a custom firmware with pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze depending on if your mac or win and upgrading while preserving your baseband, thats why he says you cant use ultrasn0w.. though i watched the whole video and heard no mention of unlock...

oh and just to add that ultrasn0w is the only software unlock out there, there is nothing else.

thats probably the only other option he has, though its not a software solution but instead of waiting for 100 years for the devs who work so hard to find a way to unlock the iphone it would be much quicker this way

mimididi said:
can u help me to openline my ipone 4 ..pls

my version is 4.3 ineed first to upgrade that..pls
help i will pay just to openline my iphone

you mean unlock? to use with any carrier? what baseband is the device on? to check tap on settings > general and then about and tell me what it says next to modem firmware:

my firmware is 03.10.01 ios is 4.3 pls help i pay u once it is ok pls help.. if u have email send me now so we
can talk clearly