What's new

Unlocking iPhone5

kennymeechan

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to the forum and in need of some help.

I upgraded to the iPhone5 on three network but I already bought a S3. The iPhone is for the missus but she is on Vodaphone.

Everytime I put her sim card in the iPhone (I activated with my three sim) it says it needs a compatible sim from the carrier. I assume it's locked down to the three network.

I'm not really bothered in jailbreaking, although all my past I devices have been she doesn't need it, but what I need is just an unlock solution so she can use the phone. Is there anyway to get it unlokced?

Thanks in advance
K

Currently there aren't any end user Unlock tools available for the iPhone 5. Only two options... request Three unlock it from their service (if you're eligible) or purchase an IMEI unlock from an online provider (we do not recommend paying for Jailbreaks or Unlocks, however.)

Why don't you recommend? Not even from 3?

They want to charge me £15 to do it, not so bad. If i do this does that mean i can't ever update to the newest software?

Why don't you recommend? Not even from 3? They want to charge me £15 to do it, not so bad. If i do this does that mean i can't ever update to the newest software?
If you're purchasing an Unlock from a wireless provider... that's perfectly fine. It's the Unlocks that you buy from a whatever.com website or eBay that shouldn't be trusted.

If you're purchasing an Unlock from a wireless provider... that's perfectly fine. It's the Unlocks that you buy from a whatever.com website or eBay that shouldn't be trusted.
What Thomasjtsi said. If you're going to buy an unlock, the best option is to buy it from your service provider to guarantee that the service is delivered. I do however, also agree that some users might be a little wallet hurt from an official factory unlock since it is a bit of a hefty price. It's a win or lose/give or take.

Last edited by a moderator: