What's new

Unlocking iPhone 6

Deb Davis

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to unlock and apple iPhone 6? This is very important..

Are you talking about a carrier locked iPhone or an iCloud activation locked iPhone?
If the iPhone is carrier locked, the first thing to do is ask the carrier if they'll unlock the iPhone for you.
If the iPhone is iCloud Activation Locked, I'm afraid that without the iCloud ID and password of the original owner, the iPhone can't be unlocked.

In addition, I've moved your post to its own thread, where it will receive more attention.

Last edited:
no a friend of mine her son died and he had a iPhone 6 and she was trying to get it unlocked. I was just trying to help her out.

my friend has tried to unlock her sons phone, he is now deceased. She has used several passwords she thought he may used, I think they tried several passwords but its locked the phone. She would like to get it unlocked.

I would suggest she take the phone to Apple for help. She might need her son's death certificate to prove she should be able to access the phone. If he did not leave a digital will, they might erase everything first but at least she could use or sell the phone.

Have her contact Apple to ask under what conditions they will help unlock the iPhone. In order for your friend to get Apple to help in removing iCloud activation lock, she'll likely need, at the very least, a court order.