What's new

Unlocking 4.3.3 with 04.01.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick007

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the new Iphone 4 (4.3.3 and baseband of 04.01.10) and I have successfully jailbroken it with the redsnow software. However, I cannot unlock the damn thing with Cydia so I was wondering if there is an unlock for the version I am speaking of above? And if not, where can I go to look for the next release of this unlock (some website must publish this information)

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue. After copious research and speaking to hackers, it appears there is not a build yet for this baseband. It may be that the Gevey SIM could work, but I wouldn't try it. Seems to be too dangerous.

For now I think we just have to wait for the Dev-Team to roll out the new unlock. Driving me nuts...

For now I think we just have to wait for the Dev-Team to roll out the new unlock. Driving me nuts...

Unfortunately that what those who rely on unlock have to do, or take a plunge with gevey.

It's safe to use it.. i'm using it i have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 locked.. tho i did not JB yet i'm not sure if it's safe... does it effect the unlock by GEVEY?

i say go for GEVEY it's safe and will do the trick until they unlock our baseband

Yes we new iphone 4 owners with the 04.10.1 baseband are going to be waiting for a while I think. I am taking the plunge on the Gevey. I gotta tell ya though, I sure have learned a lot of techno stuff in the last few days.....Good luck everyone!:)

Okay so I received my Gevey Ultra sim and followed the instructions off the Gevey site. I have nothing :-l

Heres a really stupid question...does the carriers sim sit face down on top of the Gevey or face up. Does the circuit board on the sim go face down? Also I am in a non-cell service area , that shouldn't matter right? I mean, it will still show the phone searching for a signal I assume which would at least let me know that the Gevey is doing its thing.

As it sits I don't get the Gevey welcome screen and nothing different happens. Any clues, anyone? Thanks in advance:)

Why don't you go to a place where you have signals to try it? It might just be because there is no signals in your area so gevey doesn't even try out.

I live 90 ams from the closest cell phone service. I would think that I would at least get the welcome screen from Gevey, regardless. Anyway, thanks for the reply though. Here's what I think I will do I want to restore the settings but overtime I plug in to Itunes it wants to update the iphone when restoring, it doesn't give me a choice in the matter. My concern is the update, from what I've been reading it is advisable not to update to 4.3.5 if you want to jail break the phone as there is a new security feature in the upgrade that doesn't allow this. Am I wrong here or should I go ahead and upgrade while I restore? I'm losing my patience with this phone, I can only blame myself for not doing my homework though, so thanks in advance for any suggestions or prior help with this....have a great weekend all! :)

Okay I figured out how to restore without updating. So I can just try the Gevey and not jailbreak correct?
:)

I have 4.10.1 can gevey help me to jb? or am i running a risk?

Gevey got nothing to do with JB.. it's an unlock only! u can unlock using Gevey without JB and same thing goes to JB.. i for one hand unlocked my iPhone 4 using Gevey without JB for 2 weeks.. my battery was lasting a very long time... when i JB it drained a lot.. go a lil search and see what suits u best.

Ok guys the gevey sim works on 4.3.5 with 4.10.01 baseband I am currently running it on tmobile. The gevey pro also run on my set up as well but there is no jail break for 4.3.5

Hey guys just a quick little but date so I'm using a regular gevey on 4.3.5 baseband 4.10.01 and when I was traveling across my state my carrier switched to AT&T. Now I'm on tmobile but I was able to make calls send texts when my carrier switched to AT&T I could even call there 411 now I didn't stay on it long because I didn't know if this was gonna be a problem or not but just letting u know that it could happen to you too if your traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.