What's new

Unlock Verizon iPhone 4s after jailbreak

Kztoni

Reaction score
I just jail broke my Verizon iPhone 4s. So now I would like to unlock it. So how to do that? Any advise will be very appreciated.

what network would yo then use it with? I am told though verizon dont lock their phones.. maybe some one else can confirm

I will give it to my friend in Thailand. But when he change to his sim. It show activation require.

Dont they use GSM in Thailand?

There is no unlock for the 4S let alone the verizon version.. I dont even know if MuscleNerd is going to try unlock the verizon version

Dont they use GSM in Thailand?

There is no unlock for the 4S let alone the verizon version.. I dont even know if MuscleNerd is going to try unlock the verizon version

Well the jailbreak has been released for the 4S, so it should only be a short while until the unlock is released, since the jailbreak makes it possible to now achieve an unlock on the 4s...

Yes they use GSM in thailand... That's the point, why he's trying to unlock it... As to my understanding even though a verizon or sprint phone is CDMA, they still have a sim card slot so they can be used with GSM carriers also (But currently verizon and sprint aren't allowing unlocking/usage of the GSM component to work with GSM carriers outside the U.S. [And especially not within the U.S.])

I myself bought a factory unlocked, so don't have to worry about unlocking (at the moment at least [as I've found out after my purchase that factory unlocked doesn't actually mean it will always be unlocked like I thought, it just means it hasn't been locked... So if an asshole carrier who's sim card I happen to pop in decides they wanna lock me to them even though I just used the sim for a short while and haven't signed a contract or anything with them, apple lets them do it for some reason... ugh... {Then you have to pay that particular carrier whatever fee they decide on, to get it re-unlocked IF they even allow you to do so...}])

What I don't understand is why a 'carrier' who has nothing to do with my phone, and didn't give me a deal on my phone w/ having a contract with them, or hasn't contributed anything to me buying my phone at FULL price, has the power to lock or unlock my phone as they please... While me the little ol' consumer who actually paid for the damn thing, cannot do the same.

Apple should have some kind of 'lock protection' which since apple is really the one who maintains the 'locked' / 'unlocked' phone database, they can easily do, and play on 'both sides of the fence' if you get what I'm saying... Appeal to the carriers by letting them lock phones as they wish, but also appeal to the consumer who doesn't like the idea of that, by making sure their IMEI number can never end up in the 'locked' list, even if you have to pay a yearly premium, or one time fee upon purchase of the factory unlocked, to make it remain unlocked always, forever! lol

So with that said... Until apple decides to do something like that...

I guess we just have to wait for a new version of ultrasn0w? :D

Well the jailbreak has been released for the 4S, so it should only be a short while until the unlock is released, since the jailbreak makes it possible to now achieve an unlock on the 4s...

This is not true. There is still not even an unlock for the iPhone4 baseband 04.11.08 and that's been out for a year and a half. I wouldn't hold my breath for a 4S unlock, won't be any time soon, if ever.

Technically you could unlock the iPhone4S since it supports both CDMA and GSM, but like I said, there probably won't be an unlock any time soon, if ever.

Exactly 4s support both CDMA and GSM. and I also heard that If you pay following the plan on time for at least 2 months, you can ask Verizon to unlock for foreign sim. they will unlock for you but only one number only. so following to this circumstance, it would be possible to unlock it, right? correct me, if i am wrong.

Exactly 4s support both CDMA and GSM. and I also heard that If you pay following the plan on time for at least 2 months, you can ask Verizon to unlock for foreign sim. they will unlock for you but only one number only. so following to this circumstance, it would be possible to unlock it, right? correct me, if i am wrong.

What you are talking about is what you might do if you were going on vacation overseas. What they do is unlock it to allow you to use a foreign pre-paid SIM card. They do not unlock it so that you can use it on a different carrier.

Call Verizon's global hotline and ask them to unlock it. If the account is on is in good standing they should unlock it. GSM unlock.

Keep in mind it will only be unlocked for SIM cards belonging to overseas providers and not AT&T/Tmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you are talking about is what you might do if you were going on vacation overseas. What they do is unlock it to allow you to use a foreign pre-paid SIM card. They do not unlock it so that you can use it on a different carrier.

It's unlocked for foreign carriers just not local.

My company orange sim from France, not prepaid, works when I'm traveling.