What's new

Unlock my iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregt

Reaction score
I want know if there is a way to unlock my iPhone 5 that is currently locked to the Orange UK network. I have got in touch with Orange and they say that the unlock is not yet available, but surely there must be a way...?

Unfortunately, other than Orange unlocking from their network... your only option is to pay for a 3rd party IEMI unlock. They're literally availalbe all over online. It's you're choice, however, to weigh the pros and cons of paying for an unlock. I, for one, don't like the idea of paying for this process.... but sometimes it's a members only option. So, we do make it a point to let them know about it.

Ok, I think I already tried to do that through 'theiphoneunlock.co.uk'. When I entered my phone details and network it also said the unlock was temporarily unavailable and prompted to pay £10 for my imei to be submitted and go on a waiting list. Would that be a 3rd party unlock that u speak of?

While I'm not 100% sure about the "waiting list" thing... 10 bucks sounds about right for an IEMI unlock.

The prices are around there for GSM based networks. It's much more expensive for CDMA. The process is just sending them your iPhone's IMEI number and they'll add it to a global whitelist thy refreshes every so often. As for trusted sites, it's more of a trust or don't buy kind of deal. IMHO I don't think there are many if any scams for IMEI unlocks online. I mean to get these unlocks, the seller basically pays an inside guy to put them on the list when they have time, so of the $10 you're paying, they're making at least 7 or basically raising a finger

willerz2 said:
the seller basically pays an inside guy to put them on the list when they have time
That makes much more sense now when it comes to a "waiting list."

I too contacted Orange network regarding my iPhone 5 unlock. But no use :(

Will a cdma iphone 5 with bad esn be able to work on foreign gsm network ?

Will a cdma iphone 5 with bad esn be able to work on foreign gsm network ?

Depends on the network. If the foreign network does not piggy back off of another carrier, it'll work, like a small cell company. If it's something like Orange, O2, Telecom, etc etc, those won't work since those are considered major carriers.

Are iPhone 5 Verizon factory unlocked to international sims?

VeriZon iphone5 is fully unlocked USA. Put friends AT&T sims from his iPhone 5 in and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

VeriZon iphone5 is fully unlocked USA. Put friends AT&T sims from his iPhone 5 in and it worked.

Yes, you can do this. However, you will not be able to make use of LTE on networks other than Verizon. Just something to keep in mind.

International unlock call sprint and they will unlock free.

Status
Not open for further replies.