What's new

Unlock iphone 5s

welchely

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Issue is that I woke up to find that my Iphone 5 had died and appeared to have a display malfuntion and I was unable to access it. I decided to buy a iphone 5s from someone I knew and thought i'd be able to you the new phone going forward. I am currently with the network 'Three' and the phone I bought is on the 'vodafone' network but thought i'd be able to unlock it as the previous owner had finished their contract. Contacted Vodafone and they told me that the previous owner has to contact them to get the phone unlocked. I cannot now get in contact with the previous owner so feel its unfair that I cannot unlock it myself as i'm the current owner so feel i'm being restricted. can someone tell me how I can do this myself wether that being a jailbreak or any other method. The firmware on the phone is 6.01.

thanks in advance

Gavin

Your replacement iPhone has to be an iPhone 5, not a 5S as the iPhone 5S was introduced with iOS 7.

Most carriers will only unlock phones for the original owner. Jailbreaking will not help you unlock an iPhone.