What's new

unlock iphone 4. iOS6

bigje99

Reaction score
Hi, i have an iphone 4 with iOS 6. i have suceeded to jailbreak it and then manually install cydia. with the help of a website of this type : http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/20/how-to-jailbreak-ios-6-for-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-and-ipod-touch/

a
nd well everything went great and it is jailbreak and i have cydia. therefore i would like to know if i can now unlock it with ultrasn0w or something ?

and if not, do you think we will be able to crack it soon, will the ''geeks'' find something soon ? because i will sell it right away if not haha. thanks for your help

Depends on your baseband. Most likely if you are on iOS6 you are on a baseband that is not compatible with Ultrasn0w. You will most likely have to pay for an IMEI unlock, but again, it all depends on your baseband.

thank you very much for your answer. my baseband is 04.12.02

i just read about IMEI unlock. here : **Moderator removed**

i
'm willing to pay but could you give me a link because the website i just paste won't ? and easy step-by-step indications would be very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a lot of ppl say that applenberry is a good website for gevey sims they also have a imei unlock but only if it's lock to AT&T

IMEI = permanent factory unlock that's based on your phone's IMEI, meaning if you upgrade it to any other kind of OS (goes for any mobile device, not just iPhones), and no matter whether or not your baseband changes, it'll still be unlocked.

If my iPhone 4 has baseband 04.12.02 and is currently unlocked, does this mean it has a permanent unlock?
I bought it second-hand/refurbished, running 6.0.1
It had already been jailbroken in the past and had shsh blobs saved for ios 5.0.1 so I restored to ios 5.0.1 using redsnow and redid the jailbreak.
I would like to know if the unlock that it has is permanent or if updating to e.g. 6.0.2, 6.1 when they appear will remove my unlock.
Please forgive me if there is an answer to this on the forum - all the ones I searched and found were about how to actually perform an unlock for this baseband.

Many thanks for any help or direction!

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

That depends on where you bought it from. There's a possibility that it's a backdoor unlocked device, and there's a possibility that it's an IMEI unlock. You really can't tell until you restore in iTunes and it pops up with a "Congratulations" message at the end when the restoration is done.

Hi Jon - thanks for replying to me.
If I did a restore through iTunes, is there a chance I would lose the unlock?

Many thanks

Hi Jon - thanks for replying to me.
If I did a restore through iTunes, is there a chance I would lose the unlock?

Many thanks

Assuming it's an IMEI unlock and not one with UltraSn0w, you will never lose that unlock.

I looked at a ?Russian site called SNdeep that came up when I searched for information about serial numbers and it suggested that the phone had previously been unlocked using a Gevey sim on ios 4.3.
And then presumably updated to 5.0.1 and then 6.0.1 which is the state I bought it in.
So is there no way to tell whether the unlock is IMEI (and thus permanent) or some other method?

Well if you've upgraded it at least once before, and you're still unlocked, then you're on an IMEI unlock. Backdoor unlocks are basically soft-unlocks.

Many thanks for your help!
I'll post the results if I upgrade.