What's new

Unlock att

tech242

Reaction score
Where can I get my 5c unlocked to work with any sim

Where can I get my 5c unlocked to work with any sim
Your main option for unlocking your iPhone from AT&T is requesting an unlock from them, AT&T. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase a 3rd party unlock... which we don't necessarily recommend. However, it is an available option.

Only way I know to unlock an iPhone is if it's out of contract. Call AT&T and tell them you want your phone unlocked. If they tell you it's not possible, tell the operator it's law and if they don't unlock it you will file a complaint with the FCC.

It's surprisingly easy to file a complaint online to the FCC, and it gets action even more surprisingly.

Once AT&T submits your iPhone for unlocking, it will take about 3-7 days. You need to hook the phone up to iTunes on your Mac/PC and connect to it. You'll be greeted with a message that congratulates you on having an unlocked iPhone now.

I had to drop the FCC complaint thing with AT&T, which got their attention real fast. 2 different operators told me it was not possible. Don't give up, they are legally required by law to unlock your phone if requested (and out of contract).

Only way I know to unlock an iPhone is if it's out of contract. Call AT&T and tell them you want your phone unlocked. If they tell you it's not possible, tell the operator it's law and if they don't unlock it you will file a complaint with the FCC.

It's surprisingly easy to file a complaint online to the FCC, and it gets action even more surprisingly.

Once AT&T submits your iPhone for unlocking, it will take about 3-7 days. You need to hook the phone up to iTunes on your Mac/PC and connect to it. You'll be greeted with a message that congratulates you on having an unlocked iPhone now.

I had to drop the FCC complaint thing with AT&T, which got their attention real fast. 2 different operators told me it was not possible. Don't give up, they are legally required by law to unlock your phone if requested (and out of contract).
The law allows AT&T to refuse if the phone was subsidized and is still under contract but once the contract period is over, I have never had a problem getting them to unlock a phone. I think you are allowed 5 unlocks a year. For the past few years they have had a form for this on their website, I believe they require you to fill out the form rather than make a request on the phone.

Last edited:
Or if you are not an att customer find somebody who will do it for you. In my case bought a locked samsung galaxy off contract and then i got it unlocked using my account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once used this EDITED - no website links but failed to unlock my device

Last edited by a moderator:
AT&T was easy to go through. I did it on my old 4s, they took care on their end, 2 days later I got a message telling me to reset my phone and ta-da unlocked. Super easy

Sent from my iPhone using Apple iPhone Forum

Reactions: 933

How can check in contact or out of contact

If the phone has been paid for, meaning you don’t owe anything for a monthly plan that includes the cost of the phone. If you don’t owe anything to AT&T for your phone you can simply call as stated above and get the phone unlocked through AT&T.