What's new

Unjailbreak

I am trying to restore back to apple signed iOS 6.1.3, no jailbreak so I can give to my boss's son so he can use without having to tether boot with iBooty and not look like I was jailbreaking an old company owned iPhone 4 A1349 (CDMA on Verizon).

I am trying to restore back to apple signed iOS 6.1.3, no jailbreak so I can give to my boss's son so he can use without having to tether boot with iBooty and not look like I was jailbreaking an old company owned iPhone 4 A1349 (CDMA on Verizon).
Apple is no longer signing iOS 6.1.3. The only iOS version you can restore to is the latest version. In the case of the iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2 is the latest supported iOS version.

OK, but for the iPhone 4 CDMA from Verizon (A1349 is iPhone 3,3 as far as I can tell) I can only find the restore .IPSW up to 6.1.3. Does this mean it wont run 7.x???

OK, but for the iPhone 4 CDMA from Verizon (A1349 is iPhone 3,3 as far as I can tell) I can only find the restore .IPSW up to 6.1.3. Does this mean it wont run 7.x???
It will run iOS 7.1.2. If you connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and select the restore option, the phone will be restored to factory condition and be on iOS 7.1.2. You can then set up the phone from the backup you made just before you did the restore.

You should read this tutorial and follow the instructions in the first post in the thread. This will guarantee that you will get a properly running phone on the latest iOS.

TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS iPhone Forum

scifan57, you have been a great help. thank you so much. I was trying to get waaaay, way too complex with this project. All I had to do was download the file "iPhone3,3_7.1.2_11D257_Restore.ipsw" from iOS 7.1.2 11D258 11D257c 11D257 Information IPSW Downloads or Download iPhone Software IPSW firmware files and boot into DFU mode, then Shift+Click the Restore button in iTunes (I used my older installed version 11.0.5.5 and it worked fine, don't need newest version) and everything worked fine. No sn0wbreeze, no iFaith, no SHSH blobs, no nothing.

Thanks again to you, and the entire community at iPhoneForums.net!

scifan57, you have been a great help. thank you so much. I was trying to get waaaay, way too complex with this project. All I had to do was download the file "iPhone3,3_7.1.2_11D257_Restore.ipsw" from iOS 7.1.2 11D258 11D257c 11D257 Information IPSW Downloads or Download iPhone Software IPSW firmware files and boot into DFU mode, then Shift+Click the Restore button in iTunes (I used my older installed version 11.0.5.5 and it worked fine, don't need newest version) and everything worked fine. No sn0wbreeze, no iFaith, no SHSH blobs, no nothing.

Thanks again to you, and the entire community at iPhoneForums.net!
I'm glad to have been of help. It's always good to hear about the success stories.