What's new

"Unable to backup to iCloud - allotment full."

Tricon7

Reaction score
I have my iPhone set to backup to the iCloud. But lately it's been telling me that it's full and I need to delete data. But it inconveniently doesn't tell me how to do that. I imagine it's done from iTunes somehow from my laptop, but I don't know where to look there to do that. I'm sure it's pretty easy once you know how to do it, but I don't know how to do it yet. Could someone give me the method to do that?

Thanks.

Go into settings> General > Usage you firstly have a list of apps you have installed you can delete from there or a bit further underneath you can tap on Manage storage.

A second option would be to purchase more storage space but this is why I dont use icloud.. or one of the reasons

Go into settings> General > Usage you firstly have a list of apps you have installed you can delete from there or a bit further underneath you can tap on Manage storage.

A second option would be to purchase more storage space but this is why I dont use icloud.. or one of the reasons

I guess I could manually move all my data from the app hogging the most space (like Camera) to my laptop, then go into Usage on my iPhone and delete that app off the iCloud to increase the storage availability. I'd have to make sure I deleted the files off my iPhone in that app afterward so it wouldn't just get re-backed up again onto the Cloud.

Just to make sure - if I go into Settings > General > Usage and delete an app there, I'm not really deleting the app; I'm just deleting the information in that app, right?

I found by removing back up photos it gives you all your storage back. Well mine anyway. I had an email to say my 5gb was almost full I removed the photos and now I have 4.7gb. But again I'm like unleashed I simply don't use it other than to back my contacts up. As for buying more space, I'll pass!

iHolophyte

Does it just keep the most recent backup?

Not one to trust my data stored in cloud won't be jacked, i have a 3TB network drive (NAS) which takes care of all my data, photo's and films

And i can access it remotely if i set it up for it :)