What's new

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak IOS5 using redsn0w for beginners

i know this might be a dumb question but why do i get stuck at "waiting for re-boot" ?what do i have to do?!?! thanks

and my phone is starting right back up like if you power on if that helps at all.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:
i know this might be a dumb question but why do i get stuck at "waiting for re-boot" ?what do i have to do?!?! thanks

and my phone is starting right back up like if you power on if that helps at all.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sounds like you are not getting your build correctly identified. Try following the steps in Part 6 - Problems? which may help...

I did all of that and it's still stuck like that?;/ it gets to there and says waiting for reboot but then my phone just powers on like normal and it's stuck saying that. I searched and tried a few things but nothing seem to work. And I'm using 5.0.1

Hello everybody ... i just bought (IPhone 4GS 16GB) with the following features :
- Factory unlocked sim
- OS 5.0 (9A334)
- Carrier 11.0
- Modem firmware 1.0.11

Any 1 may guide me to JAILBREAK it

THANKS

LmD

Does anyone know what the problem could be!? :( I really wanna JB my phone :(

edit: it says its done and everything happends but i didnt see pineapple or install cydia?

Last edited:

I did all of that and it's still stuck like that?;/ it gets to there and says waiting for reboot but then my phone just powers on like normal and it's stuck saying that. I searched and tried a few things but nothing seem to work. And I'm using 5.0.1

Does anyone know what the problem could be!? :( I really wanna JB my phone :(

edit: it says its done and everything happends but i didnt see pineapple or install cydia?

Just for clarification --- you have moved beyond the issues posted above and you see the Almost done tap "Jail brake" icon to finish. If that is correct have you tapped the Absinthe icon to complete the process and install Cydia?

I did this JB and had problems not being able to send pictures on iMessage. I restored and going to try again. Anyone else had this problem?

Just in case you guys think this is to much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed all directions correctly and for some reason at the top left of my iphone 4 it says No Service, what can I do to fix that to get my phone to work?

Many thanks, i followed your instructions and my iphone 3gs is now jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1. :)

I've got an iphone4 factory unlocked and i was trying to jailbreak it. The redsn0w (on windows XP) kept crashing when I enter the DFU mode and its detecting the firmware. So I switched to another PC and now its not detecting the device in DFU mode.
Help please? :(