What's new

Trunket Real American Rosewood iphone 4 skins

weisjt

Reaction score
Trunket Real Wood Skin for iPhone 4
IMG_4111-WM.jpg

Real wood?? Yes thats right, Trunket has designed a real wood iPhone 4 front and back skin that looks amazing and gives a nice minimal protection look. The Trunket skins come in a very nice package, a cardboard wrapped package that has a swinging clear plastic door and on the inside lays the wood skins with a alcohol wipe to ensure a clean surface to install on. The wood skins are made of american rosewood and ill be taking a look at three color options today the Orange, Jet Black, and Sea Blue. At a price of $34 for a real wood skin I think they are priced just right.

PROTECTION
Trunket has a made a pretty nice product, The amount of protection it provides is good for a skin. The real wood skin on the back is thicker than most carbon and vinyl skins, so it provides a little bit more shock protection then a regular skin. The thickness on the front skin also ads some lay on table protection which you don't get much of from thinner vinyl skins. I wouldn't trust this skin to be a major layer of protection but paired with a aluminum bumper style case they would provide pretty good overall protection. The camera cutout is a keyhole cutout that worried me of flash problems but after testing i had no problems with the flash. There were also no problems with the cutouts for the front camera, proximity sensor, and speaker.

FUNCTIONALITY AND DESIGN
The functionality of the Trunket skin is pretty limited as it is a skin. The thickness really only lets you use cases like the E13ctron, Draco, And Element aluminum style cases that do not wrap the front and back glass. The back Trunket skin has the Trunket logo along with a small Trunket brand on the bottom left corner, the logo sits directly over the apple logo and I personally like it. If the logo would have been cut out do to the thickness of the skin it would have caused problems. The skin ads a nice bit of grip and texture to the iPhone 4 and you will be able to pull it out of your pocket without andy snags. The Trunket skin is extremely easy to install, I would say the easiest I have ever installed. The skin is made of wood so it doesn't flop around while trying to install, you can also reuse the skins by just sticking it back on the wax paper it came on for storing.

Overall the Trunket Real Wood skin is a great product. It will offer a little bit more protection than normal skins and they look great. For someone looking for a minimal protection set up this is a great option, you can pick them up in a few different models, sea blue, jet black, hickory, orange, violet and blood red. Check out Trunket - Makers of fine wood and leather lifestyle accessories for colors and pick one up at the price of $34.00.

check out the link below for more pictures.
Weisjt Tech House: Trunket Real Wood Skin for iPhone 4

It should be great to have wood skin for my Iphone, the design looks good, i guess it will give a stylish look to the device.:iphone4vert:

I really like them! I would probably purchase one if i thought i could still use it with my docking station.

I really like the woody skin posted by you and i thinking of getting this for my Iphone 4. From where i can get this woody skins?

I am going to guess that since this is "real" wood, it would be subjected to weather conditions meaning expanding and contracting when the weather changes. I must say they look pretty good tho. I would be very interested in reading some reviews from those who have tried this product.

Last edited: