What's new

Transfer whatsapp chats from Android and Blackberry 10 to Iphone7+ URGENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyper878

Reaction score
Hello,

Me and my friend got Iphone 7+ I have a Blackberry Passport and he has an Android.

We are having difficulties transferring our chats from our phones to Iphone.

Please advise .

Its Urgent as we are traveling and need to change the phones ASAP

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

It's easily done when you go from Android to iPhone, and you use the same phone number. Make sure there's a backup on the Android. Remove the app from your Android device, then install it on your iPhone. Add your telephone number, verify it, and the chats should be there again.

I can't help with the Blackberry. Sorry!

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

It's easily done when you go from Android to iPhone, and you use the same phone number. Make sure there's a backup on the Android. Remove the app from your Android device, then install it on your iPhone. Add your telephone number, verify it, and the chats should be there again.

I can't help with the Blackberry. Sorry!

I tried it doesnt work.

Thank for the reply !

The only other method I'd know would be to email the conversations to yourself, from the WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone. You'll be able to read them on your iPhone afterwards, when you set up the email address you used for sending/receiving the conversations. It won't be possible to transfer them to WhatsApp, though.

I believe within WhatsApp you can backup chats to either email or something like Google Drive ...and then restore in iPhone [emoji336]...have you looked at it's settings

It's not possible to transfer the chats from Google Drive back to WhatsApp on the iPhone, afaik.

It wont work for the reason of different format in iOS and Android,I also switched from an android phone to iPhone 7plus and I just took the screenshot of imp chats

That should not be an issue. Its a Whatsapp issue, not a difference in phones issue

Status
Not open for further replies.