What's new

TracFone with iPhone 4s?

andrewandy

Reaction score
Hi iPhone users:

I have two phones. 1 is the iPhone 4s, and the other is a LG TracFone.

I would like to know if there is a way I can use my LG TracFone minutes, data and phone number, on my iPhone 4s?

The LG phone isn't a touch screen so It takes me forever to text. I would like to MMS but I would like to use TracFone's service to MMS not my actual carrier that's on my iPhone.

Is this possible?

I've tried using third party apps to send and receive MMS but they don't work really because the other party doesn't use the third party app so they won't see the MMS.

I've tried Google Voice and that seems to work, but I can't send MMS I don't know how. I can't figure it out too with Google Hangouts either.

Thanks

You're asking if you can have two cellular plans on the same phone at the same time, which is what sharing your LG service with your iPhone would entail.

You'd have to transfer your service to the iPhone 4S. Some plans allow several devices to share a common bucket of data but you can't share your phone number with other phones.

hi,

ok. do you know about google hangouts? or google voice? I can text fine with google voice, but I guess I need to purchase credits to make and receive calls in google voice?

I guess I can't MMS in google voice?

Can I MMS in google hangouts? even if the other user doesn't use google hangouts?

You can send MMS in Google Hangouts, but as far as I know the other needs to have a Gmail account and use it as well.

Here's how it's done:
image.jpg

image.jpg

If you do this for the first time, Hangouts will ask you whether or not you grant access to Photos. Tap Okay.
Select the album with the picture you intend to send.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Tap the Send button:
image.jpg

It will send immediately.

Hope that helps.

I think it works. but when I try text someone who doesn't use google hangouts it's won't let me send a text or attach a image or video.
I tab on the paperclip icon and nothing happens. I send a message (text) and the right arrow wont send text.

That's what I stated above. You can't send texts or MMS to someone who doesn't use Hangouts.

Is your IPhone unlocked? If it is can you get an appropriate sized Trac phone sim? I think that phone used a mini sim. If you can say yes to both, then I believe you can use the iPhone 4s with your Trac Phone account. Otherwise no.

Is your IPhone unlocked? If it is can you get an appropriate sized Trac phone sim? I think that phone used a mini sim. If you can say yes to both, then I believe you can use the iPhone 4s with your Trac Phone account. Otherwise no.
If it works, it will only with be one account at a time; the one connected with the installed SIM card.

BTW, the iPhone 4S uses a micro SIM card and would require cutting down a mini SIM card to fit, rendering it unusable in the TracFone.