What's new

TouchID fades ...

Woesong

Reaction score
Regular routine. I set up a fingerprint. It works every time. Then, not every time. Then, not most of the time. Then, not.

I delete the print and I begin the process anew.

This is the way it will be, right? Happens to you as well?

🐞

It seems to be the way it is for me. As you've already found, there are a lot of people having this issue. At first I thought that it was due to changes in my skin, such as getting dry as it became winter. Now I'm not so sure.

Regular routine. I set up a fingerprint. It works every time. Then, not every time. Then, not most of the time. Then, not.

I delete the print and I begin the process anew.

This is the way it will be, right? Happens to you as well?


How long was it before it started? I got my phone about 2 months ago and nothing of that kind happens. How do u operate the touch ID? I press home button and just rest my finger on it. What I experience, is that after washing my hands, even after drying it with towel, it seems not to work. Looks like the heat of the skin has to do something with it.

How long was it before it started? I got my phone about 2 months ago and nothing of that kind happens. How do u operate the touch ID? I press home button and just rest my finger on it. What I experience, is that after washing my hands, even after drying it with towel, it seems not to work. Looks like the heat of the skin has to do something with it.

Usually a couple days before it begins failing. I use my phone every day, and lots. I tap Home to wake it then lay my index finger there. I try several pressures. I'm gonna try your method of not leaving my finger off the Home button after I press it.

I was able to bring it back online with the TouchID today by using a screen cleaner. I'm gonna see if it's only the oil buildup. Back with the results. Thanks for your replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually a couple days before it begins failing. I use my phone every day, and lots. I tap Home to wake it then lay my index finger there. I try several pressures. I'm gonna try your method of not leaving my finger off the Home button after I press it.

I was able to bring it back online with the TouchID today by using a screen cleaner. I'm gonna see if it's only the oil buildup. Back with the results. Thanks for your replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
One other thing, you can set up 5 fingers. Both my thumbs and two other fingers are set up. Home button with thumb and hold it. Set up.. look at the commands on phone... finger and then it asks for edge of finger. I'm holding thumbs mine will keep on working good.

I've never had it start giving me problems that quickly. Mine is more like 3 or 4 weeks.

After 4 months and 2 phones I've finally given up on the Finger Scanner. I can understand it working and I can understand it not working but I can't understand why it works just some of the time. I've tried all the various suggestions but only get about a 10% success rate. A big let down. I wonder how much it cost me?

Had my 5s's since Dec 4th, Touch ID works flawlessly. Make sure hands (fingerprints) are clean and dry before setting up Touch ID....worked for me and I have 5 different fingerprints scanned on both devices

هاي

تم الإرسال بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk

had my iPhone since november and never had a problem with the touch ID. I've had a problem where it doesn't recognize that I'm trying to rest my finger there and as long as a tap the home button it works.

I have realized that if my hands are very dirty or super dry it messes up.

I honestly never experienced this. Personally I think its all in the way you place your finger on the button. Make sure its on the most center part of you're thumb or whatever finger you're using.

I'm another one that has had my phone a while (early December) and (knock on wood) no problems at all. I set up 4 fingers that first day and all work fine still.

This happened to me and after resetting it a couple of times, I just stopped using it. It usually started for me about a week or so after set up.

I tray processing my fingerprint it's work put its just when i press my finger from the upper hedge of the home bottom !! And its go right after the third to fourth press !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk