What's new

Touch ID slow to respond or not working at all at times

keithm77

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hopefully you can help me out. I’ve had my IPhone Se not even a year. Brand new and love it. Haven’t had one issue with it until this week. For some reason my Touch ID is working really slow to respond to my touch and sometimes not at all. It’s not just unlocking the phone. It’s also when in apps etc. So far I’ve researched it and have done everything. I have cleaned the home button, hard reset the phone, deleted the finger prints and re-added them as well. Even when adding them it responds slow at times. Now I will be honest. I dropped the phone from 3 feet in the gym on carpet tile. It’s completely surrounded in a case. And glass protector. But this problem started before this. I pray it’s not a hardware issue and just a bug that will work it’s way out. If anybody has had this experience and has some advice please let me know. It’s really frustrating. Thanks guys.

I'm hoping for this to go away with the next iOS update where the focus is on fixing iOS and all its glitches

I’m hoping the same exact thing. It’s just weird it’s been working fine for a while even after the latest update just started acting up. It’s not that big of a deal just really frustrating rather unlock your my touch ID then my passcode. Thanks for the response I appreciate it