What's new

Top Cydia tweaks?

I have intelli also and love it too. I also notice that my battery is not as good as it was before...
What are the Main differences from intelli and lockinfo? I never installed lockinfo so I don't know if it's worth the trade!
What I hate the most on intelli is on Facebook the posts arent very clear and we cant do many thing over they (just a like and not much more)...
Deiota

I have intelli also and love it too. I also notice that my battery is not as good as it was before...
What are the Main differences from intelli and lockinfo? I never installed lockinfo so I don't know if it's worth the trade!
What I hate the most on intelli is on Facebook the posts arent very clear and we cant do many thing over they (just a like and not much more)...
Deiota

I have intelliscreenX installed and I didn't notice anything wrong with my battery. Are you sure that it's because of intelliscreenX you are experiencing bad battery life?
Like you, I've never tried info lock so I can't compare them.

Today I started using TetherME and its come in handy because my isp is down and possibly until Friday so even though I am getting around 4mbits only fromt he 60mbit I have but its still better then nothing.. 5 bucks in the cydia store.

This is where unlimited data pays off.

Today I started using TetherME and its come in handy because my isp is down and possibly until Friday so even though I am getting around 4mbits only fromt he 60mbit I have but its still better then nothing.. 5 bucks in the cydia store.

This is where unlimited data pays off.
Remember Apple states clearly that they still "track" unlimited use and there's a "cap" beyond which they reserve the right to charge. "Unlimited" with Apple is a "relative" term.

Remember Apple states clearly that they still "track" unlimited use and there's a "cap" beyond which they reserve the right to charge. "Unlimited" with Apple is a "relative" term.
Can you elaborate how is apple going to charge you? is Apple your carrier? 3G provider? I don't get what you mean.

Apple charging people for using their Internet connection?? Are you sure about this???
You misunderstand. Everyone has unlimited Wifi use on an iPhone but those of us who pay for unlimited data over 3G actually CAN reach caps.

You misunderstand. Everyone has unlimited Wifi use on an iPhone but those of us who pay for unlimited data over 3G actually CAN reach caps.

carriers say unlimited but really if you use a certain amount, more then they want you to they will say something to you it's just some let you use a lot more GB's of data then other carriers before they will even mention anything to you.

I have seen some carriers say unlimited but really its 500mb and then they start charging you huge amounts for data charges and others where its supposed to be "true unlimited" and they are really relaxed and wont say anything unless you use around 40-50GB which imo is pretty hard to do from the phone alone.

Maybe they think you are tethering and say something? but some users claim to need that much for HD movies..etc from the phone alone with out tethering and if its really unlimited it should not make a difference if they use 1GB or 1TB per month but it does.

carriers say unlimited but really if you use a certain amount, more then they want you to they will say something to you it's just some let you use a lot more GB's of data then other carriers before they will even mention anything to you.

I have seen some carriers say unlimited but really its 500mb and then they start charging you huge amounts for data charges and others where its supposed to be "true unlimited" and they are really relaxed and wont say anything unless you use around 40-50GB which imo is pretty hard to do from the phone alone.

Maybe they think you are tethering and say something? but some users claim to need that much for HD movies..etc from the phone alone with out tethering and if its really unlimited it should not make a difference if they use 1GB or 1TB per month but it does.
As my father would say "that's all just double talk". Not YOU, Unleashed, but the nonsense the carrier would be trying to change the meaning of the word "unlimited". Legally they can't do false advertising. AT&T no longer offers the Unlimited plan because they didnt anticipate how jailbreakers would get free tethering or the advent of HD movie downloading. They're losing millions. But they must honor their contract to us

Now jailbreakers void their warranty with Apple so that's slap on the hand enuff - but, on their side of the argument briefly, technically speaking AT&T doesn't "owe" a customer unlimited data for their jail broken tethering ability. So there's a polite detente. And AT&T doesn't bother anyone until it gets very excessive. That's how it has to stay. I will never give up my unlimited plan, around since my first 2G iPhone.

As my father would say "that's all just double talk". Not YOU, Unleashed, but the nonsense the carrier would be trying to change the meaning of the word "unlimited". Legally they can't do false advertising. AT&T no longer offers the Unlimited plan because they didnt anticipate how jailbreakers would get free tethering or the advent of HD movie downloading. They're losing millions. But they must honor their contract to us

exactly that is the problem but some companies and isp's even that cap or throttle speeds after using X amount of GB's and claim its unlimited will say well it is unlimited just not always at the same speed, so they find ways around it or excuses so they can keep saying Unlimited, atm I am with a carrier that will say nothing unless you use maybe 30-40GB and they might even stop doing unlimited data making "3" as they are called here in the uk the only carrier to do true unlimited data, I have never used them so I dont know how much data you can use before they say something but for me even 10GB is more then enough and they will say nothing.

Yes free tethering and not only that but apps like 3g un restrictor that enables users to use any time of data connection when you would normally need a wifi connection and some will get through large amounts of data that way, of course not half as much as tethering but still a large amount.

Now jailbreakers void their warranty with Apple so that's slap on the hand enuff - but, on their side of the argument briefly, technically speaking AT&T doesn't "owe" a customer unlimited data for their jail broken tethering ability. So there's a polite detente. And AT&T doesn't bother anyone until it gets very excessive. That's how it has to stay. I will never give up my unlimited plan, around since my first 2G iPhone.

That is good they do that and most users are happy with that its just the few that try use it as a min home internet connection as well and get through crazy amounts of data, but imo if you a carrier says anything to any one even if they use a few TB's of data then its not really unlimited and eventually they all stop offering unlimited plans.

I hope with LTE that we start to see more true unlimited plans and the carriers being ok with you using as much as you want, even crazy amounts

AT&T no longer offers the Unlimited plan because they didnt anticipate how jailbreakers would get free tethering or the advent of HD movie downloading. They're losing millions. But they must honor their contract to us.

This is false. With or without jailbreaking, AT&T and all other carriers would at some point remove their option for unlimited data. The only reason they offer this in the first place is to get a bunch of people to switch carriers. Then once they have all the new users they phase out the unlimited plan. This happens with ALL carriers and ALL phones, not just the iPhone on AT&T.

Last edited:
This is false. With or without jailbreaking, AT&T and all other carriers would at some point remove their option for unlimited data. The only reason they offer this in the first place is to get a bunch of people to switch carriers. Then once they have all the new users they phase out the unlimited plan. This happens with ALL carriers and ALL phones, not just the iPhone on AT&T.
Sorry to disagree but if what you're saying there were true, then they would've discontinued the unlimited plan after the 2G, 3G and 3GS phone launch campaigns were over. And yet they didn't stop unlimited until the iPhone 4 arrived.

AT&T will never stop their Unlimited plan for us grandfathered-in people. I have it in writing from them. ;-)

Last edited:
They say unlimited but some carriers throttle you if you use a certain amount....still unlimited just painfully slow lol