What's new

Too low sound

Amramramrsy

Reaction score
The ringtone , the keyboard and music are too low to hear
I checked all possible normal things like the silent button and the volume which is set to its maximum and still have the problem
Please help

Is it a jailbroken phone? If yes, have you install anything related with profile on the device? Have you been to setting> sounds/ and turn up the "ringer and alerts" bar?

Not jailbreak at all
In addition I didn't try any of the mentioned apps
I already checked the volume it is at maximum

I'm on a JB iphone 4.. and the sound is way to low in comparison to other iphone 4s or htc androids.... i went and checked if it was a hardware issue it wasnt... are there any risk of installing a tweak or something from cydia to boost the volume? can you please help?

I'm not sure. My iPhone has superb sound. I can hear it throughout my place.

I'm on a JB iphone 4.. and the sound is way to low in comparison to other iphone 4s or htc androids.... i went and checked if it was a hardware issue it wasnt... are there any risk of installing a tweak or something from cydia to boost the volume? can you please help?

Do you have the phone in a case protector? If yes have you remove it from the case and try to play a good original music or video? The iPhone 4 audio output is good, you can also go to Setting> iPod> volume limit/ turn it off in case it's on.

bab2010 said:
Do you have the phone in a case protector? If yes have you remove it from the case and try to play a good original music or video? The iPhone 4 audio output is good, you can also go to Setting> iPod> volume limit/ turn it off in case it's on.

That's a good one Bab.

it's not in a case.. nor there is a limit for the volume... i installed a winterboard application that said it will boost the volume up.. ddnt find a difference really.. so??

Omarsafadi said:
it's not in a case.. nor there is a limit for the volume... i installed a winterboard application that said it will boost the volume up.. ddnt find a difference really.. so??

Yeah I don't think that volume booster works good.

Omarsafadi said:

Yeah I don't think that volume booster works good.

apparently it doesnt!! what makes me wonder is that compared to my friend's iphone 4 my device has lower sound... the guys at the shop said nothing is wrong with ur device.. so now what?

Omarsafadi said:
apparently it doesnt!! what makes me wonder is that compared to my friend's iphone 4 my device has lower sound... the guys at the shop said nothing is wrong with ur device.. so now what?

The music or ringtones that you have synced may have a low sound. You could change this by editing the song info in iTunes. The way you would do this is go into iTunes and right click on file or files and choose get info. Go over to the options tab and raise the volume to whatever you like. My music blast loud because everything on my phone is set at 100%

Omarsafadi said:

The music or ringtones that you have synced may have a low sound. You could change this by editing the song info in iTunes. The way you would do this is go into iTunes and right click on file or files and choose get info. Go over to the options tab and raise the volume to whatever you like. My music blast loud because everything on my phone is set at 100%

Exactly, that's what I was thinking about when advice in my previous post to play an "original music or video" it might be because the audio is not original that the sound quality is poor. But if it's none of these, then I will take the phone back to Apple store and let them make a comparison so that they can see that there is a problem with the iPhone.

bab2010 said:
Exactly, that's what I was thinking about when advice in my previous post to play an "original music or video" it might be because the audio is not original that the sound quality is poor. But if it's none of these, then I will take the phone back to Apple store and let them make a comparison so that they can see that there is a problem with the iPhone.

Ok...