What's new

Tired

rendrag54.dg

Reaction score
Tired of punching in my numbers almost everytime I want to use my phone and fingerprint sucks ,how do I prolong not logging into my IPhone 6 so much

You could turn off Touch ID and then choose to put the passcode at a longer interval. You could also extend the auto-lock time.

It a work phone and putting the passcode in almost every time was ridiculous

There could be a problem with the saved version of your fingerprints. Try saving a new set and see if that helps.

Ok hands get dirty at work use my thumb print maybe should use fore finger

You can program up to five fingers for Touch ID, so if one isn't working at the time you have the choice of several others.

That just gave me an idea. .........instead of typing in a sequence of numbers and using your fingerprints....why doesn't Apple create a passcode that uses a series of your fingerprints.

Instead of typing in 1,2,3,4........you could use your forefnger, pinky and ring finger........or any fingers in any sequence.

That would be different.

That just gave me an idea. .........instead of typing in a sequence of numbers and using your fingerprints....why doesn't Apple create a passcode that uses a series of your fingerprints.

Instead of typing in 1,2,3,4........you could use your forefnger, pinky and ring finger........or any fingers in any sequence.

That would be different.
Since each fingerprint is already unique, that wouldn't make a more secure method of accessing your iPhone. There's also times when it won't recognize your regular finger and you have to use another one to unlock the iPhone that particular time. That would play havoc with a system that required several fingerprints in sequence.

Make sure when you save a fingerprint, you keep placing your fingerprint on the home button several times until all the lines set. Then, as a failsafe, make another fingerprint of the same finger. Having two of the same finger may help the ID process.