What's new

Tiny Umbrella restore trouble.

lifter

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum. Read a few things and couldn't find the problem i was looking for so now i am posting this thread. I need to restore my iphone with my saved SHSH blobs 4.2.1. My phone has became very glitchy, so i would like to restore and rejailbreak. When I run the TSS server in Tiny Umbrella and do (Shift) left click in itunes i see the .shsh folder, but there is nothing in side of this folder. I have done this in regular and recovery mode. Is there a reason nothing is showing up in the folder? What is my next option to restore and rejailbreak. Please help.

When you do the (Shift) left click in iTunes, you should be pointing it at a copy of the 4.2.1 IPSW file; not the SHSH blob file.

Read this, it explains how it works:

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/2010/05/tinyumbrella-unified-tinytss-and.html

Basically, Apple doesn't allow old OS builds to be installed once a device is updated because it uses digital signatures and checks them against Apple's servers. The TSS server allows iTunes to check for the signature on your local PC, instead of contacting Apple for the info. In other words, the request that iTunes tries to send to apple for a response is instead sent to your local PC. If you have the signature (SHSH blob) saved on your PC it is able to use that instead, and it tricks iTunes into thinking that Apple is still signing the build. The files in the .shsh folder are simply these locally saved signatures. The reason the folder appears empty in iTunes is that iTunes is set up to display .ipsw files, not all files.

Last edited: