What's new

This Screen Protector Adds Buttons to the iPhone's Bottom Bezel

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Smarteer-screen-protector-1024x1024.jpg
Before the iPhone screen was larger than 4-inches, doing anything on our favorite smartphone only required one hand. After the screens became larger with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, using one hand was more of a talent than something everyone could do.

One thing that irks my nerves is the fact that I have to do some epic stretches, when using my iPhone 6S with one hand, to hit those top navigation buttons within apps. The Smarteer is a screen protector looking to help those who share the same problem.

The glass screen protector has built in circuits leading to the top right and left corners of the iPhone's display. The top circuits lead to the right and left bezel at the bottom of the iPhone, next to the Home button.

Using the Smarteer is much like turning your iPhone into an Android phone, which usually have back and menu buttons near its Home button. Tapping on left side of the bottom bezel usually allows the user to navigate back within most applications. The left side of the bezel is mostly used to tap "compose", "send", and many other buttons found within apps.

The Smarteer is unique and seems like a neat little product to try out. Currently the screen protector is on sale at Amazon for $9.99 for the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, and iPhone 6S Plus.

Very innovative, and low cost too. Praise to the developers of this product. I like my phone naked however, and I find the home button double tap to bring the top half of the screen into easy reach works perfectly for me.

Yeah.... Dont buy this ;)

As a screen protector, it works just the same as all the others, so no problems there.
When the buttons work, its a really cool concept and for the first day, I loved it. Then they didn't always work correctly, and it also prevents you from being able to tap the top left and right of your screen. Also, the new "Back to ____" that frequently appears in the top left of your screen when you switch apps cannot be accessed.

It wasn't as if I spent a ton of $$, so its no biggie, but, well... yeah, don't get it.

Yeah.... Dont buy this ;)

As a screen protector, it works just the same as all the others, so no problems there.
When the buttons work, its a really cool concept and for the first day, I loved it. Then they didn't always work correctly, and it also prevents you from being able to tap the top left and right of your screen. Also, the new "Back to ____" that frequently appears in the top left of your screen when you switch apps cannot be accessed.

It wasn't as if I spent a ton of $$, so its no biggie, but, well... yeah, don't get it.
Of course, double tapping the home button brings the top of the screen down far enough so that you really don't need a fancy screen protector with those added buttons.