What's new

This phone (5s) is smarter than I am

crlamb

Reaction score
I told my wife many times that I never wanted a telephone that is smarter than I am, but now I own one. I have a lot to learn because this phone is "something else". I am 69 years old and have never owned anything that is as "technology perfect" as this phone. I hope that with some assistance, I will be able to utilize this phone for more than just a cell phone.

Welcome to IPF! You will catch on in no time, I am sure! Please be sure to read the forum rules and the tips located in the New Member's Forum.
New Members

Many times you can find answers in a search on our forums and through Google. And if you don't find it there, of course we welcome your questions here.

There were a few people that mentioned an issue with answering calls, including me, from time to time. But, in honesty I guess I have gotten used to the pressure or "flow" of what it takes to make the swipe. Two things to try: Make sure your phone has all it's updates. Then you can also do what is called a "hard reset", which will oftentimes clear little "bugs" from the phone.....Press the on/off button and the round "home" button down at the same time until the apple logo appears (approx 10 seconds or so), then release both buttons and wait for the phone to reboot (takes about 20-30 seconds).

Enjoy your phone!

I told my wife many times that I never wanted a telephone that is smarter than I am, but now I own one. I have a lot to learn because this phone is "something else". I am 69 years old and have never owned anything that is as "technology perfect" as this phone. I hope that with some assistance, I will be able to utilize this phone for more than just a cell phone.
Welcome to iPhone Forums, the best iPhone forum anywhere! With our membership of almost 100,000, someone will have an answer to almost any questions you may have. You can download the latest iPhone user guide by going here. http://support.apple.com/manuals/

You can also read an online version by going to your safari bookmarks list and tapping on the iPhone user guide bookmark that comes with every new iPhone.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Don't forget that with your new phone comes 90 days of free phone support from Apple, very useful in those first few weeks, Many people don't realise they have this.

LSG3Hen.gif

You can always talk to SIRI..she is a good listener..and you can learn many thing from her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will for sure! You are clever than you think man. :)