What's new

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

LOL!! I do believe willerz2 is refering to the Apple developer acct. he pays $99/yr. for. :)

Correct kind sir.

There are pros of a developer cracked iPhone. I'm still learning the kinks behind it, but my iPhone 5 at the moment has the appearance of the Prestige theme from ThemeIt. It's not jailbroken, it's a clean iOS 6 iPhone 5 but has the same appearance and aesthetics as I do on my 4S with the Prestige theme bought from ThemeIt. I'm also able to perform the same functions as the Action Menu Plus on it, as well as privileges to free apps for developing and bug testing purposes. I mean, for $99 annually, I get to figure out how the big guys make their games and learn from them as well as learning how Winterboarding works behind the scenes and all, which isn't bad.

In a sense, it's like jailbreaking since that's what it is at the lowest level, it's just that by jailbreaking from the Devs and getting Cydia, you have an easier way of getting those tweaks or apps running without having to manually input everything, test/debug then run it.

Last edited:
I guess I wasn't clear.
I know well the difference between unlocked and jail broken. I just didn't understand what GSM had to do with jailbreaking. I could care less about the unlocking part, been with AT&T for a decade, they've been very good to me.
But I would like more control over how, what, and where I put/install on my cellphone. That's why I never wanted an iPhone until they came out with FT and I could then FT with my grown kids/Grandkids. Skype was never the best, and too quirky for the bother.
But Apples unwillingness to even allow me to change a battery still is a splinter that irritates. Otherwise, I love the phone.
I guess I'll keep thinking about it, had just hoped I would catch someone with firsthand experience with iphoneunlocker.*** and their services.

Thanks!

More control would be jailbreaking the device. As of now for iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1, only the iPhone 3GS, 4 and iPad 1 are jailbreakable. The other devices haven't been released yet

Personally, I just like the fact that I get free apps... LOL. But no, on a more serious level, it's nice to be able to try out the apps and see what bugs and kinks there are in the app. I for one found out what Facebook's been doing wrong with their app since version 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 for jailbroken users, and 5.2.2 for non-jailbroken users that causes the crash. Can I report it to Facebook? Yes. Do I feel obligated to basically work for them without getting any acknowledgment for fixing up some simple bad coding that they themselves added thinking it would boost security? No. And you can't get XCode anywhere else or anything remotely similar to it, so in a way, I'm just in it for the software simulator and open access to my iPhone. I know a colleague whose paid the $99 just for the free developer access to any app, which I don't exactly agree with, but *shrug* his money, his way of using it, but if you can fully use everything or even some things on a developer cracked iPhone, definitely worth the $99. Plus I think there's a holiday special for it this year, for $79 for a subscription renewal.

So is this "Developer crack" Let you edit your phone more like jailbreak and apple cracks ur phone for you

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh. U ss

Developer cracking is like having an open source. Edit, tweak however you want. More time consuming to tweak and edit compared to an actual jailbreaking because you have to manually run and execute and put everything in place.

Hmmm, the site I mentioned stated ios6, or at least I remember it that way, I'll have to go beck and check.
I know I can't (or would want to) delete all iPhone unused apps, but would love to be able to clean things up and hide them. I never use "newsstand", so it just sits empty and clutters things up. I would like the ability to use the browser I want to use as default, not what Apple thinks I should use. Better camera, non-apple apps, all that stuff. Thanks for the input, all of you... But I am tech savvy, just lazy and if I can drop $20 to have it done in a short time, I'm all in... But even $50 would be enough incentive for me to spend a couple hours reading, and then use the good tools out there just for "cheapskates" like me.. ;-)

Hmmm, the site I mentioned stated ios6, or at least I remember it that way, I'll have to go beck and check.
I know I can't (or would want to) delete all iPhone unused apps, but would love to be able to clean things up and hide them. I never use "newsstand", so it just sits empty and clutters things up. I would like the ability to use the browser I want to use as default, not what Apple thinks I should use. Better camera, non-apple apps, all that stuff. Thanks for the input, all of you... But I am tech savvy, just lazy and if I can drop $20 to have it done in a short time, I'm all in... But even $50 would be enough incentive for me to spend a couple hours reading, and then use the good tools out there just for "cheapskates" like me.. ;-)

As I mentioned, you're looking for a jailbreak, which is free. iOS 6 and 6.0.1 has a tethered jailbreak for pre-A5 devices

As I mentioned, you're looking for a jailbreak, which is free. iOS 6 and 6.0.1 has a tethered jailbreak for pre-A5 devices
Thank you! But I don't want a tethered jailbreak, too much hassle for me, I'm sorry but I don't understand the pre A5 statement. Are you referring to the chip? Is the iPhone 4S the A5, or is that the new chip for the iPhone 5?
Is there an un-tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S? I'm going to go look right now to see what chip (processor) is in mine now.
Thanks for the help!!

Well, see my 4S has the A5 processor.... So absolutely no untethered JB for it yet?
No one has yet touched on the "AppleUnlocker" site yet, it claims to have it, can't remember if they state tethered or to, will have to contact them...
Is NOBODY on here even aware of them? I guess just too many smart do-it-yourself types....

Thanks, and I'm still willing to take any advice, may not use it, but I'm learning a lot already.

Regards to you all!

Nope. That goes for any device with the A5 or above. No jailbreaks yet, not even a tethered. No. Never trust sites like that. One, jailbreaks are free. If they're not released to the public, then sites can't get them yet, unless they're willing to help you pay the $99 a month to get a developer account to do it, but still, it's not released to the public yet even, so they can't even do that much. If there's a jailbreak available, it'll be plastered all over this forum, RedmondPie, JailbreakNation, etc etc, all the major credible sites. And of course, also the DevTeam's blog as well.