What's new

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

I really love this thread, cos I'm the guy you described at the beginning of the thread.

A question, is there any side effect of jailbreak? Will it cause to unstable or software glitches to iphone?

Thanks for the post. I did not really know about jailbraking. Now im thinking about doing it in the future.

Thank you for the info; however, I didn't read where there are step by steps on how to jailbreak, maybe I'd missed it above, and would this be a free process, I've seen where some individuals want to offer their services for a fee on other sites; some say, why pay for it when you can get jailbreak for free, which is better; thanks!

Thank you for the info; however, I didn't read where there are step by steps on how to jailbreak, maybe I'd missed it above, and would this be a free process, I've seen where some individuals want to offer their services for a fee on other sites; some say, why pay for it when you can get jailbreak for free, which is better; thanks!

there are plenty of jailbreak tutorials and videos we just need to know the device and firmware you are on.. but check the
Hacking Tutorials & Guides I will make a video at some point with the latest version of redsn0w jailbreaking 5.0.1 as well

So, how would I know when things become available on this forum, and will it be a free down load or should I go with one of those sites that are already saying it is available with Tech support?

So, how would I know when things become available on this forum, and will it be a free down load or should I go with one of those sites that are already saying it is available with Tech support?

You will know only when you see it in this forum or in the Dev Team official blog. The rest of the "jailbreaking sites" are junk.

And it will be FREE.

Here's another question, what does it mean by the following: "It's always advised that you have a recent backup in itunes before attempting it especially if you are new to jailbreaking." Hypothetically speaking, say I do have a recent backup; after jailbreaking would I be able to backup again with all the jailbreaking features, and how would one go back to it's original stage if something should go wrong; there's only one iTunes, one can't keep an original version and a jailbreaking version in iTunes at the same time, I'm trying to understand this concept; thanks!

Here's another question, what does it mean by the following: "It's always advised that you have a recent backup in itunes before attempting it especially if you are new to jailbreaking." Hypothetically speaking, say I do have a recent backup; after jailbreaking would I be able to backup again with all the jailbreaking features, and how would one go back to it's original stage if something should go wrong;

Good question..

The idea behind backing up every time especially if you are new to jailbreak is if you make a mistake and have to restore then you have a backup of your device so any changes you have made you wont lose any important files.

there's only one iTunes, one can't keep an original version and a jailbreaking version in iTunes at the same time, I'm trying to understand this concept; thanks!

Well itunes does not backup the jailbreak as its stored on the same partition as the ios is stored on so you would just backup as normal but you wont be backing up any of the jb apps.. there are apps that can backup the jailbreak ones though

Oh wow, I would love to have access to all those features you've mention; I'm new to all this, I'll need a tutorial, my iPhone 4S 64gb is ready for the adventure, I have the carrier Sprint, will that make a difference? Oh, and my version is 5.0.1 (9A405), Model MD381LL, will that also make a difference; thanks!

LoveRhyme said:
Oh wow, I would love to have access to all those features you've mention; I'm new to all this, I'll need a tutorial, my iPhone 4S 64gb is ready for the adventure, I have the carrier Sprint, will that make a difference? Oh, and my version is 5.0.1 (9A405), Model MD381LL, will that also make a difference; thanks!

Hi there.

Doesnt make a difference. All you need is to download the jailbreak tool Absinthe, read the nice tutorial they have here in the forum, and it only takes a few minutes.

Just make sure you read up on cydia, tweaks and how to do things so you dont un into issues

To backup sources and tweaks and configuration plus much more, there is an app called Pkgbackup in cydia,plus another one called Datadeposit with which you can save your game data

Hi guys, I'm new to Iphone, but not rooting. I recently was given an Iphone 4 32GB to play with so I switched from my rooted Droid 3. From what I see, your rooting process is very simple compared to the mess I have gone through rooting my androids. Are the Rooted apps for Iphone free? Is there a bootstrap or reliable safety program to reverse the process? Is the wifi tether app available to utilize an unlimited data plan from Verizon? And lastly, my Iphone is on version 5.0.1, which jailbreak program would be best?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm new to Iphone, but not rooting. I recently was given an Iphone 4 32GB to play with so I switched from my rooted Droid 3. From what I see, your rooting process is very simple compared to the mess I have gone through rooting my androids. Are the Rooted apps for Iphone free? Is there a bootstrap or reliable safety program to reverse the process? Is the wifi tether app available to utilize an unlimited data plan from Verizon? And lastly, my Iphone is on version 5.0.1, which jailbreak program would be best?

Thanks!

I would be careful when using them tether apps some carriers will start charging you like ATT have done..

rooting apps some are free and others are not.. depends what you go for. the devs work endlessly and some do is as their only means of in come so they charge