What's new

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

I am so happy I tweaked my iPhone 5. My friends who are iPhone users are jealous at what I can do with my phone. Cydia is the TRUTH!!!!!

I have an Iphone with 6.1.2 that i want to Jailbreak but before i have a couple of questions :
1.-How can I make a full backup of my iPhone including the firmware, modem, apps, contacts, pictures etc. before I make the jailbreak, I would like to return my iPhone to his original state ( 6.1.2 ) in case that something goes wrong
2.- what is the best way to return this phone to his original state ( like new ) in case that I don't want to use it with the jailbreak and stay in 6.1.2 ?
3.- will I loose some memory or speed returning this phone to his original state after a jailbreak ?
4.- Could i sync with itunes after the jailbreak ?
5.- Could i install apps thru aple store and update my already installed apps thru aple store after the jailbreak ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

1. Depending on the iPhone, you may or may not be able to revert it back to 6.1.2. See this for more details. Baseband/Modem Firmware preservation is only for the 3G, 3GS and 4. No other device is supported. A backup of your user data can be done using iTunes.
  2. Not possible on the 4S/iPad2 and newer devices. Check out the link in point 1.
  3. Depends. Memory is never an issue on a stock device as the stock iOS has decent RAM management and re-caching/reorganization.
  4. Jailbreaking allows you to run unauthorized/non-Apple packages on your device. It does not affect stock features such as Phone.app, Messages.app, Appstore.app etc, and does not affect your ability to interact with your device with iTunes
  5. Again, jailbreaking allows you to run non-Apple packages, and does not affect stock features including phone, messages and the Appstore.
Basically what you can do on a stock device, you can do the same if not better on a jailbroken device.

Anyone with an iphone 5 with jailbreak could tell me is there any issues after jailbreak like drops in the battery capacity, loss signal, unespected hangs an reboots or any other issues ?

I would like to make jailbreak to my iphone 5 ( 6.1.2 ) but i'm not shure

Battery leaking comes from installing incompatible apps/tweaks as well as pirated apps/tweaks. AFAIK I've yet to see an iPhone 5 with leaky batteries, only the 4 and 4S. Signal loss hasn't been a problem since the iPhone 4 stock, which was a combination of a hardware and software error. Reboot hanging again is due to incompatibility. The boot-up time for the iPhone 5 on iOS 6 is much faster than the 4S and below. If it starts to hang, then you've installed something that's incompatible or shouldn't have been installed.

Can same one please sent me a link that will help me jailbreak my iPhone 4S .

Can same one please sent me a link that will help me jailbreak my iPhone 4S .

If your phone is running iOS 6.1.2 or lower, it can be jail broken (note that iOS 6.1.3 canNOT be jail broken). If your phone has a jailbreakable iOS, please go to the first post in this very thread for links to the sites with the jail break tools.

Marilyn

I hav IOS 6.1.3 what can I do then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Based on the OP statement
This is not the case, Unlocking that you need to jailbreak in order to download the app called Ultrasn0w that is used to unlock your device, now unlocking will enable you to put any micro sim world wide and it will still work..

Do I need to unlock before jailbreaking?

can someone provide a basic outline of the steps one should take leading up to jailbreaking? i see that i need to save blobs and backup my phone in itunes prior to running any jb software....i would like to really study up on the matter and need some guidance...thanks!

can someone provide a basic outline of the steps one should take leading up to jailbreaking? i see that i need to save blobs and backup my phone in itunes prior to running any jb software....i would like to really study up on the matter and need some guidance...thanks!

Blobs are not used at all for jailbreaking. Blobs are only used for installing/creating custom firmware. This is one of the more comprehensive FAQ guides to jailbreaking in general. I'd focus more on the "Jailbreaking Guides and Definitions" section. For how-to picture guides on how to jailbreak on specific iOS using specific tools, you can view them here. If a guide is not listed there, then it's not possible.

Blobs are not used at all for jailbreaking. Blobs are only used for installing/creating custom firmware. This is one of the more comprehensive FAQ guides to jailbreaking in general. I'd focus more on the "Jailbreaking Guides and Definitions" section. For how-to picture guides on how to jailbreak on specific iOS using specific tools, you can view them here. If a guide is not listed there, then it's not possible.

excellent, thank you very much!