What's new

Things I say to Siri

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had much time for Siri. The feature always seemed to be a gimmick to me, but I keep hearing about improvements so thought I'd try it out.

It's actually quite impressive. So, what do you say to Siri? Here are a few of mine.

"Read back the last message I received from R** O******."

"Send a message to J****** M***** and start dictation."

"Planes overhead?" (Siri will tell you which flights they are and their distance from you)

I've never had much time for Siri. The feature always seemed to be a gimmick to me, but I keep hearing about improvements so thought I'd try it out.

It's actually quite impressive. So, what do you say to Siri? Here are a few of mine.

"Read back the last message I received from R** O******."

"Send a message to J****** M***** and start dictation."

"Planes overhead?" (Siri will tell you which flights they are and their distance from you)
I tried the planes question.
IMG_1323.PNG

Follow up to that last question had Siri slightly confused.

"And what if the crow has to drive a Peterbilt and stick to public roads"

She decided to go looking at websites instead.

Using Siri within apps.

Maps - "Stop navigation"

- OK. I stopped navigating.

"Close Maps."

- Much as I would like to, I can't close apps.

"Find the fastest route to..."

(See previous post)

Siri and I still have a contentious relationship. I just asked her if she understood me better now and she thought I called her stupid. And on Apple CarPlay, she regularly misinterprets me. Apparently I do not speak succinctly enough for her. Or,, and this is more likely, she needs to clear out her ears.

I asked Siri to play Moonlight Eyes on my MacBook, He came back with "Cant find Moonlight size" or words to that effect.

I asked Siri to play Moonlight Eyes on my MacBook, He came back with "Cant find Moonlight size" or words to that effect.

I think it must be accepted that a little more work is necessary.

IMG_7902.PNG