What's new

Things I Dislike About My iPhone

I use a lot of folders on screen. It's the best way for me to stay organized.
I agree on Pay. Same issue here.
I use an Otterbox case. No screen protector. I dropped my 6s Plus once face down from about 4½ ft onto a hard floor. Not a scratch or even a scuff on the case. I trust Otterbox.
I don't subscribe to Music.
I don't like that Apple forces users to use a computer for so many things. We should be able to access iCloud.com on iPhone. You can, but it's difficult and you can't do all you need.
I don't like I can't forward an iMessage to my iCloud email. iOS 9.3.1 made it impossible.
All in all I have few issues with the iPhone. Mostly it just works.

I agree with all said above, specially apple maps. Google maps > apple maps but then again I don't want to 2 map apps on my phone.

One thing I wish my iPhone could be able to do is that when you get a call you could somehow tuck it away without cancelling it and go back to writing your message or playing your game etc. (Like pressing the home button or something)

It is not always an option for me to cancel the call as you don't want to give the impression of that you are on your phone and straight up not answering the call which is rude. And waiting out a call which usually lasts 1-2min seems always like a decade when you are in the middle of writing an e-mail or so.

I agree with all said above, specially apple maps. Google maps > apple maps but then again I don't want to 2 map apps on my phone.

One thing I wish my iPhone could be able to do is that when you get a call you could somehow tuck it away without cancelling it and go back to writing your message or playing your game etc. (Like pressing the home button or something)

It is not always an option for me to cancel the call as you don't want to give the impression of that you are on your phone and straight up not answering the call which is rude. And waiting out a call which usually lasts 1-2min seems always like a decade when you are in the middle of writing an e-mail or so.
When you decline a call, it goes to voicemail. So they hear that, but don't really know how many rings you have it set on.
And you could put it in Airplane mode. No GPS though.

Last edited:
I've had an iPhone 6 for about 16 months now, previously I went through 3 Android phones (although I've owned Apple computers since the //c). I'm firmly in the Apple ecosystem at the moment (laptops/tablet/iphone), but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with every detail.

I agree that there should be different schedules available for the Do Not Disturb function. I also think that the user should be able to specify apps that can ignore the Do Not Disturb settings.

One of the things I miss most about my Android phones is a status LED on the front. It would be nice to be able to determine charging status or if a message is waiting without having to unsleep the phone.

I also agree that the user should be able to access the various settings from within the app, and not have to go and find out where they are on a separate area of the phone.

Along with the LED issue, my other main gripe is this freaking obsession with making the phone as thin as possible. I just don't get this. I'd easily accept an additional millimeter of thickness for a bigger battery.

That said, I wouldn't go back to an Android phone. I have three necessary IOS apps that don't have comparable equivalents for Android.

I've had an iPhone 6 for about 16 months now, previously I went through 3 Android phones (although I've owned Apple computers since the //c). I'm firmly in the Apple ecosystem at the moment (laptops/tablet/iphone), but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with every detail.

I agree that there should be different schedules available for the Do Not Disturb function. I also think that the user should be able to specify apps that can ignore the Do Not Disturb settings.

One of the things I miss most about my Android phones is a status LED on the front. It would be nice to be able to determine charging status or if a message is waiting without having to unsleep the phone.

I also agree that the user should be able to access the various settings from within the app, and not have to go and find out where they are on a separate area of the phone.

Along with the LED issue, my other main gripe is this freaking obsession with making the phone as thin as possible. I just don't get this. I'd easily accept an additional millimeter of thickness for a bigger battery.

That said, I wouldn't go back to an Android phone. I have three necessary IOS apps that don't have comparable equivalents for Android.
In regards to accessing the app settings from within the app itself, you'd still have to be able to access them from settings just as you do now. If the only place to access an app's settings was from within the app itself, what happens when the app misbehaves and you can't access it? Also, a central location for certain app settings makes things a lot simpler, such as deciding which apps can use cellular data or location services, for example.

If there were a way to have exemptions for do not disturb for any app you chose, it would sort of defeat the whole purpose of do not disturb, which means that you don't want your iPhone interrupting you with things such as Facebook status updates in the middle of the night when you're sleeping.

Last edited:
If there were a way to have exemptions for do not disturb for any app you chose, it would sort of defeat the whole purpose of do not disturb, which means that you don't want your iPhone interrupting you with things such as Facebook status updates in the middle of the night when you're sleeping.

That's why I said that I'd like a way to specify a particular app to sound off anyway. I have one app that can notify me when my garage door is opened in the middle of the night that I'd like to have ignore the DND rule, while email and phone stuff is silenced.

That's why I said that I'd like a way to specify a particular app to sound off anyway. I have one app that can notify me when my garage door is opened in the middle of the night that I'd like to have ignore the DND rule, while email and phone stuff is silenced.
Unfortunately, do not disturb silences all apps, without exception. There's no way to bypass it. Silent mode wouldn't work, either as your iPhone vibrating on the nightstand wouldn't wake you up. If you had an iPod, you could have that alarm app on it and it would sound off if your garage door were opened in the middle of the night. You could also try turning off notifications for all apps except that alarm app. This would, however, mean that you'd be turning notifications for all your apps off and on all the time which would quickly become a PITA.

Apple doesn't believe in giving individual apps too much control over system wide functions. It's part of their app sandboxing rules.

Last edited:
I'm all too familiar with Apple's sandboxing rules. I made a conscious decision to forego flexibility in favor of security when I switched to an iPhone (which I don't regret).

It's a minor point anyway, with work-arounds. The biggest two things on my wish-list would be bigger battery and the notification LEDs.