What's new

The value of an unlimited data plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricon7

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that his unlimited data plan is going to pay off big time in the future? I don't know what's over the horizon, but I do know that the amount of bandwidth and data isn't going to be less. I was fortunate enough to sign up for my iPhone when Verizon had its unlimited data plan, so I'll be grandfathered in for as long as I own an iPhone, and I love it.

I got unlimited with Sprint and am glad I did before they decided to change too. I use more data on the iPhone thought I would.

You are SO LUCKY, Tricon... with that unlimited plan!! However, they may "get you" with throttled speeds if you go beyond a certain usage limit. Have you experienced any of that?

Throttled speeds is still better then getting hit for more money imo.

TBaGZ said:
Throttled speeds is still better then getting hit for more money imo.

AMEN!!! $$$

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

I'm grandfathered too with unlimited w/ Verizon.. Question is, when it's time to upgrade, can you keep your same plan or it changes??? Hopefully i can keep it, not to worried to jump on that LTE just now..

For what its worth. I got a Droid 2 1/2 years ago and had the unlimited on verizon. When I got my iphone 4 days before Christmas, I still had the unlimited.

So I don't believe it is just for iphones.

I've had Verizon for quite a few years now and I'm grandfathered in thank goodness. I don't plan on switching either unless Verizon would change my plan. Then there will be service providers competing hopefully. I thought I saw advertisement that Sprint has unlimited?

Im grandfathered too!!!! If they ever take my unlimited data away I switch to Sprint. Hopefully I don have to cuz Im happy with them.

I'm also with Verizon and have been grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. It is true that as long as you don't change your data plan when you upgrade your phone you will continue to have unlimited data. However, the way I understand it, for those with unlimited 3G plans if you upgrade to an LTE (4G) smartphone that requiresca DIFFERENT plan and you will no longer be grandfathered with unlimited data. That was the way it was explained a year ago when they first started discussing doing away with unlimited plans so even though I wasn't really wanting to upgrade phones at that time (although I was eligible), I went ahead and switched to a 4G phone. For those still on 3G unlimited plans, I hope I am wrong but I just wanted to give you a heads up so you won't be surprised if you upgrade to a 4G plan and find you no longer have unlimited data.

You can upgrade your iPhone no problem and keep your same unlimited data plan. I once had an ignorant, young Verizon sales rep in a local store swear that if I went to a higher phone version, I would have to sign a new contract. Fortunately, she was berift of the facts, and I've had numerous sources confirm that you can keep your same data plan when upgrading. I don't know about the 4G speeds, though. I use 3G with Verizon.

Not many carriers here offer unlimited data but I for sure cannot go back to one with a 500mb/1GB limit and they say unlimited but you get to 500mb and you pay crazy amounts and you pay so much for 3g data charges but they also offer that option where you dont get charged for 3G but you are throttled to 56kb dial up speeds from 7mbits but at least you dont pay out the azz for 3G charges like you guys mentioned..

I hope with 4G speeds that more carriers will offer unlimited again and a lot did seem to then suddenly decided to drop allowances by huge amounts at a very bad time now every one is using smart phones and the tablets that use micro sims also.. the few companies here that offer unlimited data do not offer the same for tablets either but the average user probably does not even use up 500mb a month

ghostrunner21 said:
Even if you up grade to a 4 g phone you can still keep the unlimited plan.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Yep. I just upgraded Friday and my plan is the same. Unlimited.

I have CSpire (formerly Cellular South) and I have unlimited talk text and data.

Status
Not open for further replies.