What's new

The Useless Information Thread

e01859022874f6004ddcda41554efaa6.jpg

During the Crimean War, most soldiers died because of diseases caused by terrible living conditions, not because of wounds.

Listening to Antenne Bayern right now.

Apparently, the German for Black Friday is not Schwarz Freitag, but Black Friday!! Who knew?

Listening to Antenne Bayern right now.

Apparently, the German for Black Friday is not Schwarz Freitag, but Black Friday!! Who knew?
The name was inspired by the American Black Friday, and we didn't have Black Friday until 3 years ago, so it's no wonder they didn't change it to "Schwarzer Freitag".

I've only been here 15 years but where l live never heard of it. Think it's name is popular in bigger towns.
Berlin, Cologne etc. But l would be guessing.

I've only been here 15 years but where l live never heard of it. Think it's name is popular in bigger towns.
Berlin, Cologne etc. But l would be guessing.
The first time ever I heard about it was in iPadForums. I didn't know about it before. The last two or three years, amazon (Germany) had Black Friday, and this year, I heard about it in our advertisements.

Women are blinking more often than men. Women: 19 times per minute, men: 11 times per minute.

Women are blinking more often than men. Women: 19 times per minute, men: 11 times per minute.
Blinking is the way your eyes are lubricated.