What's new

The Prophesy Thread

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We see the improvements year after year. Graphs presented by Apple show exponential increases in CPU/GPU performance.

So, where iPhone going? What do you expect to see in years to come, and when?

In 2021 I expect iPhone 9 to be the first smartphone to offer 1Tb of storage.

Predictions, please.

The performance graphs are going to have to start flattening out fairly soon or in 5 years you'll have an iPhone with infinite storage and a CPU that's faster than light speed.

I think we'll see 1TB of storage long before 2021.

Last edited:
I thought they're already working at it. I expect it to be a feature of the iPhone next September.
It could work in a similar way to how the charging system for the Apple Watch works, just on a larger scale.

It'll be interesting to see if it will work through a case or if the case will have to be removed. It'll probably depend on how thick the case is and what it's made of. Metal cases would probably interfere with the wireless charging.

I think we'll get cases where the part used for charging will not be covered, or the cover can be removed partially.

I think we'll get cases where the part used for charging will not be covered, or the cover can be removed partially.

l can see problems with that method. Removing your protection case, or cover and then a part of the iPhone itself l feel this means for most customers won't work.
much easier to plug in a cable.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

l can see problems with that method. Removing your protection case, or cover and then a part of the iPhone itself l feel this means for most customers won't work.
much easier to plug in a cable.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
I didn't think of removing the case, and removing parts of the iPhone itself would be beyond reason. I think we'll get cases where the part which charges the iPhone is left blank, so that the charger touches the iPhone itself, not the protection case.

l was referring to the protection cases that we put our iPhones in.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

l was referring to the protection cases that we put our iPhones in.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Me too. There are iPad cases where the part with the Apple is left out, so you can see it. I've owned one of them some time ago. I was thinking along that line for iPhones as well.

Like this:
image.jpeg

Johnlewis

Me too. There are iPad cases where the part with the Apple is left out, so you can see it. I've owned one of them some time ago. I was thinking along that line for iPhones as well.

l like it here learning all the time thanks, the ones l've seen like that have been for iPads

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.