What's new

The official I got my iPhone 5s thread!

Yeah me too - not worth the extra dough.. My whole 5000+ song library is all in iTunes Match with all artwork perfectly linked and iTunes Match always updates in seconds and streams music live from the cloud whatever playlist I pull up. I have about 15 of my favorites playlists downloaded to the phone itself for offline listening on a plane or on my bike rides.. But all music is in the cloud for me. I also take a bazllion photos - but offload everything to iPhoto once a week.. And only keep my most recent 3 months of photos ON the phone. Even with at least 50 tweaks on my jailbroken iP5 and many themes with full graphics walls in Winterboard - I still never get to filling a 16GB.

People who buy the 32's and 64's like to have their whole libraries with them. But that's what the cloud is for - for me - libraries in the cloud.. Don't need it all on my phone.

true.. gotta love the cloud, I always love having my whole library with me, not only that but so far 9 pages of apps and games from the app store and non stop pictures/video with the camera.. slowly uses up all the space, I knwo some people delete apps and games they dont use often to save space but for now im always buying the biggest model available, like the 128gb on my ipad

true.. gotta love the cloud, I always love having my whole library with me, not only that but so far 9 pages of apps and games from the app store and non stop pictures/video with the camera.. slowly uses up all the space, I knwo some people delete apps and games they dont use often to save space but for now im always buying the biggest model available, like the 128gb on my ipad

Unleashed,
I hear ya. And my guess is you're a pack rat at home too.. ;)

I have never heard this expression before, pack rat at home.. what do you mean?:)
In the dictionary definition below - Definition #2
pack rat
noun
1. Also called trade rat, wood rat. a large, bushy-tailed rodent, Neotoma cinerea, of North America, noted for carrying off small articles to store in its nest.
2. Informal. a person who saves things that are not needed or used but that may have personal or other value.
3. Informal. an old prospector or guide

In the dictionary definition below - Definition #2

I probably am one of those..

I also see lots of people filling their 16GB devices with a few GB's left and then un able to install major iOS updates due to lack of space.. I rather have way too much then not enough, so far even the 64Gb has been plenty for me but its nice to have the space there.

I am sure one day ill go in the way of the cloud and delete a lot of stuff from the iPhone/iPad but for now im buying the top mode, thats one of the things I like most about the way apple keeps increasing the internal storage rather then relying on SD cards or increasing the mega pixels to crazy amounts like 41MP like nokia did

Here's one very nice video review for the 5S 16Gb

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one very nice video review for the 5S 16Gb YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHXjOZ_4kX
Video does not work for me
It doesn't work for me either. This is what I see when I try to watch the video.

$image-2793590722.jpg

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

I got my 5s today....sweeeeet! I went from a 4 to the 5s and the difference is amazing. Just got it set up an hour ago. Did they upgrade the display, it looks so much better than my 4!

I got my 5s today....sweeeeet! I went from a 4 to the 5s and the difference is amazing. Just got it set up an hour ago. Did they upgrade the display, it looks so much better than my 4!

Yes! The resolution on the display has been upgraded. So much more vibrant! That and the upgraded camera/flash are my favorite!