What's new

The iPhone 5 and the Collapse of Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
poeticvibez07 said:
how/why is an ipod on the same level as a phone?

Because they run the same OS. These kids are already investing in music and apps within the itunes ecosystem. They just wish that their ipods could make calls. 80% of these kids are going to choose iOS over Android.

Apple OWNS the under-18 market and they are quietly waiting for the mushroom cloud of iPhone sales this will result in about 4 years.

Here your very wrong on a couple of points.

First off,I have just recently bought my own I-4s but have bought several iPhones for my 2 sons along with all of the different iPods that have come out . I have always used a androids since they came out,and just went through returning 3 new G3's.So I have a much different perspective than you on this.

Android in any stock configuration is not as stable as IOS stock version.Yes,ice cream sandwich and jelly beans has helped,but it has not corrected everything since each manufacture and carrier has varying specs.You can't fix all hardware issues with software work arounds and that is the main issue,couple that with the bloatware already preinstalled on most all androids...as opposed to the iPhone ,and it is very easy to see why android based phones looses in any of the market surveys on ease of use and owner happiness

Yes I know all about removing bloatware side loading rooting androids to improve them....but...stock for stock experiences for usability reliability can not be matched by even the great G3.Mine had connecting issues with both wi-fi and the LTE,as well as having both excessive battery drain and the battery plummet issues.3 different phones.3 different lots.same issues...and knowing they won't be resolved anytime soon from Samsung.How can I say this...simple,I know people who work on the Galaxy team at Samsung and have dealt with them in the past with all the issues the Captivate and G2 had,and this new G3 will be no different.Their SOP is to rush new phones out then fix the issues later with software patches and that isn't right.

Please don't misunderstand me...android can be very good on certain devices,your Razor is a prime example,but to have the least amount of issues,rooting them and installing a custom rom is the only way many of them will work as they should from the box..BTW....I still own the 1st one that came out,plus 2 others,but,being carrier locked removes it from many folks hands...and the best of the Razors are rooted ones and running custom roms and various radios.

Android OS is available to more namely because of cost of the phones on contract of the main carriers alone,so that is the reason it won't go away anytime soon.As long as they keep giving all the eye candy and making people think they are getting more for their money...they will continue to sell a ton of them.

What is a real shame is that the consumer has to join class action lawsuits against the manufactures and carriers to resolve hardware issues on them...something that Apple owners don't have do.perhaps it's time the other manufactures follow Apples lead and stop using the customer for beta testers on their devices...and quit rushing problematic phones to stores just for market share.................

I am not a fanboy of all things apple or how they do things company wise but am a fan of the quality of their products and ease of use along with their dependability ...and IMHO has not been matched by anything android yet.Getting the carriers to stop their bs with their implementing changes and restrictions on it is really the only thing that is going to help...they may look the same on the outside.. but are different in how the run

Mac

I disagree on my use of my g3 but that is here or there

NOW on the issue of suing then I WANT TO START A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST APPLE FOR CAUSING MY 1st GEN iPad AFTER THE LATEST UPDATE FROM APPLE FROM CRASHING!!!

It never did it before, but ever since the update to 5.1.1 it does, and guess what no more updates for me on that what a coincidence!!!!

SO MUCH FOR YOUR THERY !!!!!!! APPLE DOES IT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought id like to add to all of this, I love the android OS and have been around it since 2.2 i believe, the earliest os i remember was froyo i think on the first gen single core lg dare. from there, ive had 2 moto droids, a droid x, and now a droid razr maxx fairly recently updated to ICS, which is rather nice since they finally fixed the keyboard crashing (which has gone on since i had the dare), but at times can get buggy and the app updates are incessant, not to mention all the little annoyances like randomly losing 4g and widgets crashing, but the battery life is great with that gigantic 3100mah lipo.
I like android, but im tired of all the little annoyances, i just want something stable, trusted and reliable that wont have these annoyances, and will hopefully have a better app store.

What I like about iOS is that features are added only when they are ready to be added and they are heavily baked right into the OS which is built specifically for that device. My iPhone 4 is the first phone I've had where i have never had a complaint. It just works! No it doesnt have all the bells and whistles of widgets and customizing the home screen, but in my experience that stuff is fun for the first month or so then its just on to every day usage.

Wow. All I can say is that before Michael Jordan came to the Bulls. Everyone thought no one would come close to the finesse of Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan was crowned the greatest. 20 years later Apple releases a phone that would change the cellphone game. But then Android came around and changed that. I know everyone has their likes and dislikes but if you don't play the game just keep doing what you are doing and sideline cheer. Android has came up with some spectacular devices as well as Apple but the cell phone market is shifting. If apple doesn't change its play book the consumer will eventually realize that there are better phones out there. The SG3 being one of them. I haven't had a single issue with any device that I have owned, that wasn't user related so to say that all android devices have these problems is foolish.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using iPhone Forums

Wow. All I can say is that before Michael Jordan came to the Bulls. Everyone thought no one would come close to the finesse of Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan was crowned the greatest. 20 years later Apple releases a phone that would change the cellphone game. But then Android came around and changed that. I know everyone has their likes and dislikes but if you don't play the game just keep doing what you are doing and sideline cheer. Android has came up with some spectacular devices as well as Apple but the cell phone market is shifting. If apple doesn't change its play book the consumer will eventually realize that there are better phones out there. The SG3 being one of them. I haven't had a single issue with any device that I have owned, that wasn't user related so to say that all android devices have these problems is foolish.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using iPhone Forums

Of course, all that is your personal opinion and I shall not denigrate you for that in any way.

I do agree that saying "because my phone has a problem, all phones have a problem" is foolish. And whilst I also agree that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an amazing phone, mine has problems which are not down to 'user error' I can assure you. I'm not going to rehash those in this post, i've done that enough in other posts both here and on Android forums.

Of course 'better' is purely subjective. For me, the SGS3 was in no way a better phone than my iPhone if you take the whole package into consideration. By that I mean, phone ability, software, hardware and aesthetics. Whilst the SGS3 might take the crown against the iPhone on actual phone ability, for me (remember, this is my opinion based on experience of owning both devices), the iPhone is more reliable, looks and feels better and has a less 'clunky' OS to operate. Case in point, my SGS3 isn't rooted and with the stock launcher it managed to force close my stock clock alarm app over night therefore not getting me up at the time I set my alarm for. I just cannot have this level of unreliability.

You also need to bear in mind that the SGS3 has different components in the UK International version compared to the US version, so they can't really be compared exactly. Different processor and less RAM for instance.

It is horses for courses. Some prefer the SGS3, some prefer the iPhone. It's always going to be that way and we can bash each other's views as much as we like but we all choose the phones we feel happiest with and can get along with. I wanted to try an Android phone to see if I liked the OS and naturally went for the SGS3 as the perceived best Android phone on the market at the moment. I can happily report after a good few months of use that I don't prefer the SGS3 over the iPhone and will be returning to the fold once my iPhone 5 is delivered.

The big thing with me is a stock experience. I don't care for touchwiz and have rarely used it on my S3.
This is what I have always like about IOS, why I like he nexus line of phones and, why I have a custom rom installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

this thread has run its course and is in danger of getting out of hand therefore its time it was closed,thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.