What's new

The iPhone 4 and 4S still manage to attract lots of customers

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$iphone-4-vs-iphone-4S_1.jpg

If you think you’re outdated in terms of technology if you still own an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S, you shouldn’t not worry so much about it. At the most recent Apple conference call, CEO Tim Cook stated that the demand for the previous versions of above mentioned iPhones is still strong and constant.

More recent news suggests that users aren’t getting tired of the older versions of the iPhone. DigiTimes just published a report this week in which it states that out the 47.8 million smartphones sold in the last quarter of 2012, almost half (20 million) were iPhone 4S units. The appeal of getting an iPhone at a cheaper price was probably the force behind such whopping sales.

The same report goes on to say that their supply chain checks suggest that the iPhone 4S success might be prolonged up to the March quarter. Even if some feel that supply chain checks might get the wrong information, DigiTimes has a pretty accurate track record in this department. We will be able to see if that prediction comes true soon enough, as the March quarterly conference call is just around the corner.

Apple has been luring its customers with different promotions, offering, for example, iTunes discounts in India (according to BusinessWeek) and China, when they sign up with the company. As long as a low cost version of the iPhone is not out, customers from developing markets might be prone to acquire older versions of the iPhone, because as we know, Apple applies discounts when a new version is launched on the market.

Source: Forbes

I don't care anymore. I am still on 4 and by the time I am ready to upgrade the thing will b able to clean my house and run my errands for me.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Maybe its lots of people wanting a large phone (iPhone 4, iPhone 4S) and not a huge phone (iPhone 5) or a horror phones (all these awful Android phones)?

i love my iPhone 4 id like to have the larger screen but i think it will feel weird in my hands lol

I love my 4s i've had for the past year. But i'm not gonna lie If I could afford to get a iphone 5 I would. : )

The 4s could be the most solid phone ever u can literally keep this phone after its outdated and it will still work well

New to iPhone and Apple, but I can say the 4s is doing everything I need it to, and doing it well. So not even thinking updating to the 5. But who knows 5s or 6- could be.

I love this 4S. Not even thinking of an upgrade. Sure large screen sounds good but can't get rid of your best friend.

When you say the word "iPhone" to someone, the first thing they'll think of would be the form factor of the 4/4S since the 4 series has the biggest global impact.