What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

The site is my source of reliable news. It's basically a channel of communication for a bunch of us to share info on different topics and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Understood. But they don't have the delivery package yet. We're a ways away yet. And the Dev teams don't communicate thru private sites ever. Only and ever thru their twitter accounts where all of us get the same info at the same time. No one person or forum can have a private source of info on a pending JB. It's always been Twitter based.

I'm trying to remain patient, and actually optimistic, which is against my realist nature, lol...

However... Based on many articles and twitter posts, according to evad3rs when 6.1 drops they are pretty much ready, so I would assume the delivery package must either be done, or pretty damn close to it, or they wouldnt make a statement like that...

You would think if they were months or weeks away from a delivery package they would have made that apparent, not said they are ready once 6.1 drops...

Just my .02

-Corey

All in all, they're just waiting for iOS 6.1 to be released so they can drop the bomb. If they release it before then, Apple'll have time to pull back from the full release to patch up vulnerabilities.

I'm trying to remain patient, and actually optimistic, which is against my realist nature, lol...

However... Based on many articles and twitter posts, according to evad3rs when 6.1 drops they are pretty much ready, so I would assume the delivery package must either be done, or pretty damn close to it, or they wouldnt make a statement like that...

You would think if they were months or weeks away from a delivery package they would have made that apparent, not said they are ready once 6.1 drops...

Just my .02

-Corey
My perspective is from last year at the exact same point with 5.1 dropping. We waited for 6 more weeks while the delivery system was being found. Well- I guess we'll know soon enough. ;)

Well - no jailbreak this weekend. Just as I was pretty sure would be the case. Unless the jailbreak itself time announcement comes directly from the Twitter feeds of the devs - it's 99% of the time bad info. I've learned over the years to only trust the Twitter feeds.

iOS 6.1 beta 5 released. The jailbreak will be stalled and postponed.

At least now we know the ETA, rather than have us sit here waiting for the next beta, then the next beta, then the next beta until finally they go "oh right, here guys, we were just trolling you guys XD "

What's the new ETA, whenever apple feels like to release 6.1?

And when it does, will we be able to jailbreak 6.1 or only 6.01/2?

I've read and reread all the JailBreaking threads, but not sure if I'm getting it right, so here are my details

Phone: iPhone 3GS

Network: EE/Orange

Version: 6.0.1 (10A523)

Serial No: 861374RKEDG

Model No: MC637B

Modem Firmware: 05.16.07

From what I have read,

Serial Number: If the second character of the model number of your iPhone 3GS is “B”, then it is uses the old bootrom. If it is “C”, then it runs on the newer bootrom.
Model Number: The third digit of the serial number of your iPhone indicates the year it was released in (9 for 2009). While the fourth and fifth are dedicated to the week it was made in. Any iPhone made on or after Week 45 of 2009 runs on the new bootrom.

If I follow this, then by the first, my phone is new bootrom, if I follow the second then my phone is old bootrom, I just want to see if I can jailbreak untethered or not, sorry for the noob questions!

Am I also right in thinking that I need iOS 6.0 blobs saved for either of the jailbreaks?

Last edited:
At least now we know the ETA, rather than have us sit here waiting for the next beta, then the next beta, then the next beta until finally they go "oh right, here guys, we were just trolling you guys XD "
We don't know any "specific" ETA, Willerz. The devs need to check if 6.1 patches any of their exploits. AFTER that they have to build the injector system for the untether. So when 6.1 drops we still have a wait. Just like last time with the 5.1 release. We waited 6 more weeks for the JB.

What's the new ETA, whenever apple feels like to release 6.1?

And when it does, will we be able to jailbreak 6.1 or only 6.01/2?
Whenever we've gotten a JB it's always worked on the lower versions. So 6.1 will work on 6.0.1 and 6.0.2. Just like 5.1.1 worked on 5.0 and 5.0.1. We're good! ;)

Whenever we've gotten a JB it's always worked on the lower versions. So 6.1 will work on 6.0.1 and 6.0.2. Just like 5.1.1 worked on 5.0 and 5.0.1. We're good! ;)

More relative to the term "soon" rather than just shrugging our shoulders on when along the year it'll be released.

More relative to the term "soon" rather than just shrugging our shoulders on when along the year it'll be released.
:) Yes. Point taken. And I hope you're right. I'm just a student of recent jailbreak history and believe it tells us that we're still quite a ways away from the public JB. But we're closer than we were in October. lol!