What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

iOS 6.0.1 untethered will be released this weekend.

iOS 6.0.1 untethered will be released this weekend.
And you know this how? Planetbeing and pod2 say otherwise from everything I'm reading, sir. Where's the evidence where I could read about this please?

Sucks to be on 6.0.2 damn!! Hope they can work out for 6.1 when that gets released
Don't worry. Willerz2 is wrong this time - hard to imagine. All you have to do is follow Planetbeing and pod2's twitters to know where we are and all the dev teams are saying they're holding out for 6.1 before releasing the JB. They need to hold onto a couple of exploits for future researching. They can never give all their exploits to the public. From what I've been reading - they hold back a couple exploits to be able to get into all future versions. Planetbeing himself has an untether JB running on his iP5 6.0.2 but using one of the exploits he's unwilling to give up to the public. They've recently found several more - so there's hope on the horizon. But we're not there yet.

Things on the jailbreak scene are definitely picking up steam.
Couple of days back, planetbeing and pod2g brought the good news that they have made a lot of progress and the future of jailbreaking was looking very bright. pod2g seems to have even hinted that they've a jailbreak ready and all they’re waiting for is Apple to release the iOS 6.1 update.
pod2g has just announced on Twitter that he, MuscleNerd and planetbeing of the iPhone Dev Team and pimskeks of the Chronic Dev team are forming a team called evad3rs.While he hasn’t provided any details, it looks like they are working on the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.x.x together. It is also important to note that pod2g has warned people from giving donations to someone who claims to be working with the evad3rs team as they’re currently not accepting donations.You may remember that members of the iPhone Dev team and the Chronic Dev team worked together to successfully jailbreak iOS 5.x.x, so in some ways they seem to be the new jailbreak dream team.pod2g has also revealed that they plan to speak to the Hack in the Box security conference to be held in Amsterdam on April 8th to 12th, so I won’t be surprised if their talk has something to do with the exploits they’ve discovered to jailbreak iOS 6.x.x

Not sure if the link is deemed external so I'll just quote it. Then there's the other which I posted above. They'll be releasing it with the release of iOS 6.1 GM just in case Apple decides to pull a fast one for beta 5 of iOS 6.1 to mitigate the exploits. The only potential blockade is the release of iOS 6.1 beta 5.

Last edited:
awesome i hope so but i already know i won't jailbreak it for probably about 1 week since cydia's servers will be hammered like when the 5.1.1 jailbreak came out

2dxtreme said:
awesome i hope so but i already know i won't jailbreak it for probably about 1 week since cydia's servers will be hammered like when the 5.1.1 jailbreak came out

Yeah you're right I remember that. Knowing me I'll probably jailbreak right away.

Couple of days back, planetbeing and pod2g brought the good news that they have made a lot of progress and the future of jailbreaking was looking very bright. pod2g seems to have even hinted that they've a jailbreak ready and all they’re waiting for is Apple to release the iOS 6.1 update.
pod2g has just announced on Twitter that he, MuscleNerd and planetbeing of the iPhone Dev Team and pimskeks of the Chronic Dev team are forming a team called evad3rs.While he hasn’t provided any details, it looks like they are working on the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.x.x together. It is also important to note that pod2g has warned people from giving donations to someone who claims to be working with the evad3rs team as they’re currently not accepting donations.You may remember that members of the iPhone Dev team and the Chronic Dev team worked together to successfully jailbreak iOS 5.x.x, so in some ways they seem to be the new jailbreak dream team.pod2g has also revealed that they plan to speak to the Hack in the Box security conference to be held in Amsterdam on April 8th to 12th, so I won’t be surprised if their talk has something to do with the exploits they’ve discovered to jailbreak iOS 6.x.x

Not sure if the link is deemed external so I'll just quote it. Then there's the other which I posted above. They'll be releasing it with the release of iOS 6.1 GM just in case Apple decides to pull a fast one for beta 5 of iOS 6.1 to mitigate the exploits. The only potential blockade is the release of iOS 6.1 beta 5.
None of what you quoted there makes any reference to this weekend. Plus the new evad3rs team makes no mention of any kind about having the injector (delivery system for jailbreaks) ready or even near ready. Last time we waited for the delivery system for another 6-8 weeks after they had shown untethered jailbreak on their own phones. So though I very much hope that I'm wrong and you're right, about this weekend, I woun't be holding my breath. :)

Last edited:
There are a few dates spread out trough several articles that I'm getting from one of my friends. The sources aren't exactly share-friendly since they're on a private site. I'll see if I can take a screenshot when I get home. But that aside, the beta 4 for 6.1 is set to expire on the 28th, and betas normally expire without an update note when the full iOS is about to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

If i'm running a 4s on 5.1.1 jail broken should I up grade before they stop signing 6.0.1

There are a few dates spread out trough several articles that I'm getting from one of my friends. The sources aren't exactly share-friendly since they're on a private site. I'll see if I can take a screenshot when I get home. But that aside, the beta 4 for 6.1 is set to expire on the 28th, and betas normally expire without an update note when the full iOS is about to be released.
Understood. But they don't have the delivery package yet. We're a ways away yet. And the Dev teams don't communicate thru private sites ever. Only and ever thru their twitter accounts where all of us get the same info at the same time. No one person or forum can have a private source of info on a pending JB. It's always been Twitter based.

Last edited: