What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

But we're only a couple weeks away in my studied opinion.. Pangu will have their phones one Monday (10/20).. And there were several exploits not used in 7.1.x that can be used for 8. And Apple has not even closed the 7.1.x exploits yet - amazingly. With evad3rs and Pangu competing to be first - that's good news for us.. And we will NOT be waiting even til Christmas this time. iOS 8 is sorta just a 7.2.. from devs' twitter feeds I read. Be hopeful, gang.. My prediction is by Nov 9 at the latest - likely earlier.

I think apple knows that they need jailbreak devs thats why they don't bother patching.. The devs create tweaks apple use them on there regular os the devs are doing the job for aaple creating new things for iPhones

The PDF read vulnerability as well as the expired certificate exploit will be patched on 8.1 theoretically. With the intro of the i6 with the A8 processor, the kernel will take time to be ripped apart to modify the bootchain. Optimistically, I would say by Thanksgiving with the release of 8.1 and assuming the currently testing 8.2 would be be following immediately after 8.1. Otherwise, by Christmas is not a bad time frame either. Considering how APIs for iOS 8 are still being dissected for non-keyboard related objects, even if a jailbreak is released, it would still take time to develop the jailbreak as well as update tweaks for support.

Agreed, Willerz.. But there's no doubt we won't be waiting anywhere near as long as we did for the JB of iOS 5 (January 20), iOS 6 (February 4) or even for the very buggy JB for iOS 7.0.x which was rushed out in December (23rd).

The last time we had a JB before Thanksgiving was iOS 4 (for the 3GS which hit the market in June and first JB August 1).. I'm glad the wait won't be anywhere near as long this time. My iPhone 6 stock is so boring!

Last edited:
iOS 8 JAILBREAK RELEASED BY PANGU!!!! Mostly for Devs only to update their stuff. Cydia not done.. But we're on our way!!!

Cydia and substrate are broken, and packages still need API fixes to accommodate iOS 8. It does not utilize the expired certificate exploit. Will see if I can break down the utility when I get to work in a bit. I'm able to SSH and play around with springboard tweaking on my 4S with a utility ripped from the piracy sponsor's server.

If you're on iOS 7, it's not worth the update to iOS 8 until next week the earliest with a patched Cydia and redefined substrate. Its for development purposes only at the moment.

I'll update the initial thread shortly with iOS 8 incorporated.

EDIT: Added link with Pangu8 1.0.1, which fixes the kernel bug that causes loss of pictures. Link is a self-uploaded Mega, meaning more dedicated bandwidth and speed as opposed to a download from the piracy servers. Only available on Windows for now.

Last edited:
How do I jailbreak my iPhone & iPad , I am still on 7.1.1

Pangu 1.1.0 link updated on the first post.

The original post has been updated with the Pangu8 v1.2 link. iOS 8.1.1 will patch the Pangu8 exploits, so those that are considering the transition to iOS 8 should make the decision ASAP before the iOS 8.1 window closes. For users that are already jailbroken on the iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPod Touch 5th generation and newer devices, make sure you install OpenSSH as the bare minimum to create a safety net for yourselves in case anything goes awry. You can install OpenSSH through Cydia or the Pangu Installer (if running a Pangu8 jailbroken device)

There doesn't seem to have been much conversation about the iOS8 jailbreak. Has Cydia been updated and are there many tweak issues going to 8?

There doesn't seem to have been much conversation about the iOS8 jailbreak. Has Cydia been updated and are there many tweak issues going to 8?

Here's a spreadsheet maintained by a reputable member of the jailbreaking community. He doesn't differentiate between iPhone/iPad, but does differentiate 32 and 64-bit OS.

Updated the original post with Pangu8's Mac version.