What's new

Thank You and Hello...

DanielBDavis

Reaction score
Thank You, and hello to all. I joined because I have a (hopefully) simple question. If this is not the place for it, then please let me know.

I have an IPhone 3 GS. After a long hiatus, I plugged it in to download some photos to my Windows 7 PC. After downloading them, I completely backed up my IPhone both to the PC and to the Cloud. Then I started mousing around in the new ITunes which I had not seen before. (Though it had been downloaded.) During this process, it offered to upgrade my software (I presume to IOS 6). After I accepted the upgrade offer, a warning box popped up informing me that I have some new, purchased items not yet backed up to my PC. The box had two buttons: "Continue", and "Cancel". Since the Continue button did not say "Back up now", I canceled:

1. Why, if I did a complete 'sync', did it not back up the items it is talking about?
2. How might I discover what these items are?
3. Would "continue" have backed up for me before update.

Thank you.

Thank You, and hello to all. I joined because I have a (hopefully) simple question. If this is not the place for it, then please let me know.

I have an IPhone 3 GS. After a long hiatus, I plugged it in to download some photos to my Windows 7 PC. After downloading them, I completely backed up my IPhone both to the PC and to the Cloud. Then I started mousing around in the new ITunes which I had not seen before. (Though it had been downloaded.) During this process, it offered to upgrade my software (I presume to IOS 6). After I accepted the upgrade offer, a warning box popped up informing me that I have some new, purchased items not yet backed up to my PC. The box had two buttons: "Continue", and "Cancel". Since the Continue button did not say "Back up now", I canceled:

1. Why, if I did a complete 'sync', did it not back up the items it is talking about?
2. How might I discover what these items are?
3. Would "continue" have backed up for me before update.

Thank you.

You might want to give it another try by transferring your purchases from your iPhone to iTunes. See this link: iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

That way you know that those apps were transferred and backed up before you do your update. For iPhone 3GS, the highest version is 6.1.3.

Good luck!