What's new

Text Vibrating in certain apps on iPhone 5s

Midiboer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPhone 5s 32gb running iOs 10.2.

The screen displays perfectly until I go into certain apps like "Maps" or "camera"

The camera itself displays perfectly, but the status bar, text and icons starts vibrating and almost unreadable.

When I play a game, the game will display perfect, but should I change the volume, the volume indicator also goes blurry.

I have done soft reset, hard reset and restoring the iPhone.

I replaced the screen ... Still exactly same problem.

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

And here is the normal screen which is 100%:

home.JPG

Hi. I did an update to 10.2. After that I did a clean setup. Then I put phone into Itunes connect mode and restored from the web. All of this did not help. I do not have a back up on itunes before update to 10.2

Hi. I did an update to 10.2. After that I did a clean setup. Then I put phone into Itunes connect mode and restored from the web. All of this did not help. I do not have a back up on itunes before update to 10.2

This looks like a text scaling problem within Apple apps. Try this, go into settings>display and brightness> and reset the Dynamic text size slider so it looks like this. After that, restart the phone and see if that fixes the issue.
1a391d321ac3899edff89284d50bda96.png

FG3 ... Tried it .. Still the same.

I know this is an odd thing to try, but go to settings>general>accessibility> increase contrast> and toggle "Reduce transparency" I did a little digging and saw that this setting can mess with your iPhones system font. If that still doesn't work, I can walk you through the process of doing a full clean install of IOS10 using a fresh IOS file and not one that's already been downloaded to your computer. This will ensure that this isn't a software problem and could be hardware.
9eafe8ca88770a3bd53b97af20765254.png