What's new

Text tone double or repeats

raghu

Reaction score
I have Iphone 4g recently I updated to
5 iOS after which I experienced repeated text
Sound or it plays double text tone. Plz help me

This was literally answered a hour or so ago. Settings>notifications>messages turn the repeat alert off

I did already still it repeats

I have the same problem. It's not really it plays twice. More like a hiccup or stutter at the beginning. The first bit plays twice then finishes. Almost like you got two quick texts.
I've adjusted the settings to repeat 'Never'. Still get the same problem. I'm on the Verizon iPhone4 with the most up to date ios5. Any solutions or ideas to solving this problem?

Glad to have read this thread cause I've wondered about that....

Thanks for the advice.

Still I have the same problem, I have checked for no repeat. I get some weird sound 'overlap' text tones, I am sure it is something to do with software update.

I am having the same problem. I thought at first that maybe I had multiple text or alerts waiting but it seemed not to be the case. Please someone find an answer....this is getting annoying!
:iphone4vert:

I am having the same problem. I thought at first that maybe I had multiple text or alerts waiting but it seemed not to be the case. Please someone find an answer....this is getting annoying!
:iphone4vert:

I too am having this problem, and have reviewed ALL the forum postings I can find on the subject. Some have asserted that the problem is resolved, but it IS NOT. I have tested ALL the possible settings and configurations, including changing the "Repeat Alert" setting to "Never", but the problem remains. As someone has said, it is not a repeat alert, but rather a "hiccup" or a glitch, where the sound starts, but the fraction of a second later repeats itself, like "B'd-B'ding!" instead of just "B'ding!" My conclusion is that this is a software glitch affecting certain phones, and will need to be fixed with an IOS update.

I have experienced this before on both my old 3GS and my wife's current 3GS. A simple restore solved the problem for me...

gaz6076 said:
I have experienced this before on both my old 3GS and my wife's current 3GS. A simple restore solved the problem for me...

UPDATE: Okay, so I could have sworn I tried a hard reset before, but seeing your message I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it again. Wouldn't you know, it worked!! No more double tone every time i get a text.

Thanks for the suggestion!

UPDATE: I thought for sure I had tried a hard reset (holding down the home and power button for 10 seconds), but when I tried it again, it actually fixed the problem!! It hasn't happened again since! So for anyone else still experiencing this problem, I highly recommend the hard reset.

i have the same problem,if i switch my phone off then on again or re-boot it solves it for about 7or 8 messages then it starts again.iphone 4s.

I've experienced something like this myself. Whenever I get a ton of messages at once my iPhone will continuously play my ringtone. Hitting the sleep/wake button, turning the volume down, or flipping the silent switch doesn't help. A hard reset will fix the problem until I get another mass amount of texts.

I tried a factory restore and that didn't help. I tried a DFU restore after that and the problem still persists.
The only thing I can come up with is this is a bug in the firmware. Maybe 5.1 will fix this. :D

Hey. I was just looking this up and came across this thread. I have not found a fix. I'm using bitSMS beta 17 iPhone 4 5.0.1. Is everyone here using the latest version of biteSMS? I found that sometimes if I switch my text tone in settings>sounds, that it will fix it temperaly. But no matter what is goes back to double tone when I receive an SMS. I can't do the hard reset, I have a tethered jailbreak. Semitethered, but then I just have to boot tethered again which I think defeats the purpose. Has anyone made this stop doing that. Are the people in this thread using the latest version of biteSMS for iOS 5 on a jailbroken phone! Because if not then this must be a 5.0.1 bug. Any insight on my post? Which would be weird considering I've been on 5.0.1 since a the week after it came out, and it never happened til recently. Why now all the sudden?

Last edited: