What's new

Text messages gets split between iMessage and my iPhone

Albatross

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently have an issue with the way text messages work.

Some have been going to my phone as expected but sometimes they go to iMessages and not my iPhone.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so much.

Have you checked in Settings - Messages whether the email addresses at which you can be sent messages are all listed?

I checked Settings - Messages on my iPhone but there was't that option to begin with.

IMG_1493248764.068176.jpg

Scroll down to where it says send and receive, tap it and you can add phone numbers and email addresses

My Messages setting shows only

iMessage

Show Contact Photos

MMS Messaging
Character Count
Blocked

Keep Messages

Filter Unknown Senders

Low Quality Image Mode

Not entirely understanding the question being asked (iMessage vs iPhone?), but if WIFI (EDIT, I meant internet) isn't available, messages will be received as texts instead of iMessage at the time of receiving them. Also, anyone sending you message from anything other than an iProduct will be text message instead of iMessage as well.

The way I understood what the OP meant was that some messages weren't getting to he phone at all.

Ah. If that's the case, then all I can think of is the phone is only receiving iMessages that are sent to phone number only and people are sending some iMessages to the email address and since the phone isn't set up to receive both, only gets them when message is sent to the number.

IMG_1493348017.224397.jpg

The iMessage (top choice) has to be turned on (green) or you have what you have. If it is green, turn it off and turn it back on again.

Ah. If that's the case, then all I can think of is the phone is only receiving iMessages that are sent to phone number only and people are sending some iMessages to the email address and since the phone isn't set up to receive both, only gets them when message is sent to the number.
That is why I suggested the OP check whether the email addresses at which they could be reached were listed.

If iMessage does not have a good connection it can switch to an SMS message format. That is how it supposed to work.