What's new

Text Messages from "mypixmessages" Coming Via Email and Not iMessage.

Puzzled

Reaction score
Most times when my brother sends me a text, I get it via email with this as the "From" information.

(phone number here)@mypixmessages.com

The body contains a round cornered square with text_0.txt in it.

The rest of the information says this:

This picture message or video message was sent using Multimedia Messaging Service.

To play video messages sent to email, Apple QuickTime 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www. apple. com/quicktime/download (spaces were added to disable link) to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

It is so annoying! Why is this happening? Today I received a text from him and it also went to a sister. It came the proper way, through the built in text app.

It is bugging the heck out of me. I texted him and asked him to send me a new text and it went to my email with this as the sender (his phone number @ pixmessages . com).

He is using an iPhone as far as I know.

He is the only sender this happens with.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Sounds like he is sending it to your email and not your phone number

Sounds like he is sending it to your email and not your phone number

I just tested that. I sent myself a text and used my email address. It went directly to the iMessages, not email.

My understanding has always been that no matter if you use the email address or the phone number of the recipient in an iMessage, it gets sent to the message, not email. It is just used to identify the recipient. I am going to test that further. He is the only one that this happens with. I could be, and most likely am wring, because there is a lot about the iPhone I do not understand.

I am going to test and google this email vs phone number. I could be wrong, but it didn't do thatnjist now, but I was doing it to myself and that could be why. Thanks.

I don't know how, but I think it has something to do on his end, not yours. My bosses text messages used to always come to my phone via email as well. This went on for years. It was only his messages, no one else, and my coworker sitting right next to me would get a message like he's supposed to. Since boss got a new phone, that no longer happens. I have no idea why, but it was annoying.

I don't know how, but I think it has something to do on his end, not yours. My bosses text messages used to always come to my phone via email as well. This went on for years. It was only his messages, no one else, and my coworker sitting right next to me would get a message like he's supposed to. Since boss got a new phone, that no longer happens. I have no idea why, but it was annoying.

I noticed he was using an email address that I did not opt to be used for texting. I notified him to either use the gmail I have for friends and family that I provided to all my family and friends or my cell phone number.

I must have accidentally emailed him from the email I use for business contacts and then it was added to my contact info on his phone. Since it is not associated with my approved texting info, I think iMessage uses it as an email address. It doesn't happen when he uses my phone or other gmail from what I could figure out. He thinks that is it, too. We will see when he texts me using the correct contact info.