What's new

Text message alert sometimes doesn't sound

Injector

Reaction score
Sometimes I can be sat next to my iphone in a quiet room and I'm waiting for a text (reply to one I've just sent). I haven't had a reply for a while so I unlock my phone, go to my inbox and there is a new text! It wasn't showing on my home screen and there was no alert tone. Has anyone else experienced this bug? I think I've only experienced it within a threaded conversation.

I am having this problem too and cant believe nobody has been able to answer it yet.

It happens to me me fairly regularly. What firmware are you on, have you updated to 4.1? I'm still on 4.02 as don't fancy the bugs I've read about in 4.1...

mines simular but different, mine sounds twice sometimes for the same message, with a 1min gap inbetween, though id post my issue her insted of makin a new thread

My iphone 4 will not back up in itunes. It only started happening recently and everytime I plug it into my computer it tells me to delete the old backup and try again. Any ideas??

My iphone 4 will not back up in itunes. It only started happening recently and everytime I plug it into my computer it tells me to delete the old backup and try again. Any ideas??

Try restoring from a recent backup, or if not maybe try adding it as a new phone as a last resort.

I think we should get back to the original posters issue though

maybe you recieved the text before you phone went to "sleep" and you didnt hear the volume cause something was blocking it? so it wasnt a new alert and its the sound during a text convo, if you know what i mean.
it happens to me all the time. the speaker seems very sensitive, wen anything remotely coverign the speaker i am unable to hear any alerts ( esp text messages).